How To Integrate Apica with PagerDuty
Apica is a powerful website and mobile monitoring tool that allows you to verify that your website is available, and responding as expected. Apica now has a direct integration with PagerDuty that’s simple to configure. Please follow this guide for how to tie your Apica monitoring with your PagerDuty account. Want to try PagerDuty? Sign up for a free account that’s fully functional for 14 days.
If you are having trouble completing the integration please contact us.
- Add a new PagerDuty integration by selecting the PagerDuty button under the Integrations menu.
- Click the Add PagerDuty account button.
- Enter your PagerDuty credentials and click Authorize Integration.
- If you have multiple PagerDuty accounts, select the account that you would like to use and click the Authorize Integration button. If you only have a single PagerDuty account, you will skip this step.
- Enter a name for your new PagerDuty Apica service, select an escalation policy to use then click the Finish Integration button.
- After clicking the Finish Integration button, you will see that the PagerDuty service has been added.
- Next, you will want to add the PagerDuty integration as a notification method for your users. To do so, click on Manage Alerts.
- Select Recipients to add the notification method to your users.
- Under the user that you would like to send PagerDuty notifications, click on the +PagerDuty logo to add it as a notification method. Select the service from the drop-down menu and then click the Add PagerDuty target button.
- Congratulations! You have now integrated Apica with your PagerDuty account. Now, when an alert triggers and is resolved within Apica, it will notify PagerDuty and incidents within PagerDuty will be automatically resolved once they are restored within Apica. Should you need any further assistance, please contact our support team.
How do I setup Apica to work with multiple PagerDuty services?
This is easy to do with the current integration. Repeat steps 1-5, but this time create a new PagerDuty Apica service. You will then repeat steps 7-9 and select the PagerDuty service of your choosing from the drop-down menu.