Circonus offers a hosted and SaaS monitoring system that collects a variety of metrics (system, network, application and even business metrics) and performs trend analysis and fault detection.By sending your Circonus alerts to PagerDuty, you can take full advantage of PagerDuty’s alerting functionality. With PagerDuty, you can receive alerts via phone call, SMS and email, set up automatic escalation of alerts and set up on-call duty scheduling for your ops teams.
- In Circonus, go to your account profile to create a new contact group. Click the +PagerDuty button to add a new PagerDuty group.
- You will then get a prompt to authorize your PagerDuty account. Click the Go To PagerDuty button.
- You will be redirected to PagerDuty. Enter your PagerDuty login information and click Authorize Integration.
- If this is your first time integrating Circonus with PagerDuty, the next step will ask you to create a new service in PagerDuty for the integration. The default name of the service will be Circonus; change it if you’d like. Then, select an escalation policy for the service. If you’ve already integrated with Circonus and you already have a Circonus service, you’ll have the choice of integrating with an existing Circonus service in PagerDuty or creating a new service.
- You will then be redirected back to Circonus and your new PagerDuty contact group will be authorized. You can now use it just as you would any other contact group. Aggregation windows, Reminders and Escalations are all handled via your PagerDuty service, so be sure to set that up in PagerDuty. Enjoy!