How to Integrate Keynote with PagerDuty
Keynote is a global leader in Internet and mobile cloud monitoring. With Keynote, you can quickly diagnose performance problems at the application, transaction, and infrastructure levels in real-time. By integrating your Keynote account with PagerDuty, you’ll receive phone or SMS alerts for web and mobile performance issues moments after they are detected.
Setting up the PagerDuty / Keynote integration
- Click on the Services tab.
- On the right sidebar, click the Add New Service tab.
- Enter a Service Name and select an Escalation Policy.
- Start typing “Keynote” under “Integration Type” to filter your choices.
- Click the Add Service button.
- You’ll be taken to the service page. Copy the Integration email to the clipboard; you’ll need it to set up the integration in Keynote.
- By default, PagerDuty will only open incidents for Keynote alarms with a severity of “critical”. If you would also like PagerDuty to open incidents for Keynote alarms with a severity level of “warning”:
- Click Edit this Service.
- Under Severity filter select Open incidents when an alarm enters the Critical or Warning states.
- Click Save Changes.
Note: Your Keynote email subjects under Alarms > Email Formats must be the default values otherwise they will not be processed by PagerDuty.
- Log in to your MyKeynote account.
- Click the Alarms tab, then click on the Configure sub-tab.
- Check the alarm you want to trigger in PagerDuty, and press Next.
- Paste the Integration email into both the Send Warning Alert To and Send Critical Alert To text boxes.
- Ensure the Email Addresses radio option is selected.
- If you wish to receive performance alarms, check the box labelled Performance Alarms Enabled and adjust the other settings as necessary.
- If you wish to receive availability alarms, check the box labelled Availability Alarms Enabled and adjust the other settings as necessary.
- Click the Save Changes button.