What’s New: Updates to Runbook Automation, Partner Integrations, and More!
As we welcome Fall and such a transformational time of the year, we’re excited to announce a new set of updates and enhancements to the PagerDuty platform. From updates to Runbook Automation, and ChatOps and Customer Service Ops Applications, to PagerDuty Product and Developer Community and Advocacy Events, users and customers can:
- Automate processes and tasks via a new Runbook Automation GUI, cloud automation via new and expanded cloud infrastructure plugins, and improved UI accessibility
- Drive real-time operations, collaborate within and across teams, and perform incident actions live in Slack and Microsoft Teams
- Proactively and quickly solve customer-impacting incidents through the PagerDuty App for Salesforce Service Cloud that improves collaboration between customer service teams and engineering teams
- Explore upcoming live and past recorded PagerDuty Product and Developer Community and Advocacy Team-led webinars and events available via the PagerDuty Community’s Twitch Stream and Lunch and Learns With the Advocates
The latest Rundeck 3.4.4 release includes new cloud infrastructure plugins for cloud automation at scale, a UI-based ruleset designer, and new accessible colors—all designed to help organizations easily automate tasks to quickly diagnose and resolve incidents quickly.
- Expanded Cloud Infrastructure Plugins: To better support cloud automation at scale, we’ve significantly expanded Rundeck cloud plugins for popular public clouds. This release includes new cloud infrastructure plugins that add coverage for Oracle Cloud and Google Cloud platforms and expands coverage within the Amazon Web Services and Azure platforms.
- New UI-based Ruleset Designer: Jobs with complicated rule steps and conditionals can be hard to understand. To help users better visualize potential pathways according to step rules and conditions, we introduced Ruleset Visualization. Now you can use the Rundeck GUI to design your Ruleset and generate the rules automatically and easily view how your jobs will progress based on rules and conditions set for each step.
- Accessible Colors: Rundeck has a new color palette, improving accessibility to people with disabilities by enhancing the contrast and overall visual presence of Rundeck.
Learn how embracing service ownership will help you innovate faster while reducing downtime and customer impact. With clearly defined service and ownership mapping to engage the right responder within minutes, you can streamline and automate incident response so you can spend more time innovating. Having a flexible ownership model makes it easier to change priorities, roles, and structures—while still maintaining historic metrics and data.
Stakeholder Updates in ChatOps
As previously announced, Stakeholder Updates in ChatOps enables responders to provide incident status updates to subscribers and stakeholders without interrupting incident remediation. Adding Business Response functionality to Slack and Microsoft Teams increases feature accessibility, promotes incident visibility, and minimizes context switching.
View the demo below:
- Read the blog: Introducing Next-Gen ChatOps With PagerDuty and Slack
- Learn more from the PagerDuty App for Slack Integration Guide
- Learn more from the PagerDuty App for Microsoft Teams Integration Guide
PagerDuty App for Salesforce Service Cloud
The PagerDuty App for Salesforce Service Cloud enables organizations to:
- Proactively solve customer-impacting incidents in real time to improve customer satisfaction
- Break down silos to connect customer service teams with engineering and IT teams to address incidents quickly
- Reduce context switching by reducing the need for teams to work in and switch between multiple systems
- Empower customer service agents to own the full customer response lifecycle with intelligent swarming
- Automate mundane response workflows and provide real-time service visibility to key stakeholders
- Centralize customer, engineering, and ticketing data into one platform to drive proactive case management with Salesforce
View the PagerDuty, Salesforce Service Cloud, Slack: Proactive Case Escalation & Slack-First Intelligent Swarming demo below to see the new status dashboard and console directly within Service Cloud:
- Read the blog: Introducing the PagerDuty App for Salesforce Service Cloud
- Learn more from the Salesforce Service Cloud Integration Guide
- Download the App from the Salesforce App Exchange
- View the Customer Service Ops Guide
Please take note and keep your teams informed of our upcoming product deprecations listed by the nearest date:
- November 1, 2021 – Slack V1 will sunset. Visit the Slack V2 Integration Guide
- November 13, 2021 – Webhooks V1 will be fully replaced by Webhooks V3 which is now generally available
- March 31, 2022 – Webhooks V2 will be replaced by Webhooks V3 which is now generally available
Webinars & Events
Join us for the following webinars and events to learn more about PagerDuty’s recent product updates and how they benefit customers.
You can catch up on all of our latest product demos on demand combined within a playlist via the Q1 + Q2 PagerDuty Pulse if you missed it last time!
PagerDuty Community Twitch Stream
The PagerDuty Community Twitch Stream launched last month. You can:
- Subscribe and get notified when we are live and view previous recordings
- Enjoy the recording of the first partner integration guest show that featured Teleport and their team on August 24, 2021. Our second show featured Buildkite and is available on YouTube now too
Follow our channels or our events page for more integrations, including LogDNA, HashiCorp, InfluxData, and more!
Customer Lunch and Learns With the Advocates
PagerDuty invites you to enjoy a monthly Customer Lunch and Learn With the Advocates. This month you can join Quintessence Anx:
- DevSecOps and Secure Incident Response (sign up today!)
September 29, 2021 at 8am PDT, 11AM EDT, 4PM BST/5PM CET
- Next month the topic will be SLAs, SLOs, and SLIs
Join us on October 27, 2021 at 8am PDT, 11AM EDT, 4PM BST/5PM CET
If you missed the August session, you can view Mandi Walls present:
- Best Practices for On-Call Teams (view the recording)
August 25, 2021 at 8am PDT, 1p.m. EDT, 4 p.m. BST/5 p.m. CET
If your team could benefit from any of these enhancements, be sure to contact your account manager and sign up for a 14-day free trial.