Anodot is a real time analytics and automated anomaly detection system that discovers outliers in vast amounts of time series data and turns them into valuable business insights. Using patented machine learning algorithms, Anodot isolates issues and correlates them across multiple parameters in real time, eliminating business insight latency, and supporting rapid business decisions through its uncovered insights. With its scalable SaaS platform, Anodot provides typically siloed teams – BI, R&D and Devops – with a single, unified system for both business and IT metrics. By adding a PagerDuty Channel for Anodot alerts, and sending Anodot alerts to PagerDuty, you enjoy the benefits of Anodot ML anomaly detection and alerting capabilities combined with PagerDuty alerting functionality implemented in your organization.
Defining a PagerDuty channel within Anodot
- Login to Anodot as an Admin user
- Go to channel management to create a new channel. Go to the main navigation panel → Management → Channels.
- . Click the New button to create a new channel and choose PagerDuty Instance.
- You will be redirected to PagerDuty. Enter your PagerDuty login information and click Authorize Integration.
- Choose the Integration from the pre-defined Anodot Integrations within PagerDuty, or create a new service and Integration.
- Click Finish Integration when done.
Testing a PagerDuty channel
You can test a channel immediately upon creation, and at any other point in time.
- Go to Main navigation panel → Management → Channels.
- Click on the required channel, a work panel is displayed.
- Click the Edit option.
- Click the Test Instance link to verify that the channel is operational.
- In Anodot: The response will be displayed to the right of the Test Instance link.
- In PagerDuty a test incident will be created for the service.
Linking the Channel to Existing Alerts
- Go to the Alert list. Main navigation panel → Alerts.
- Click the required alert, to open a work panel, choose the Edit option.
- In the Recipients section, choose PagerDuty and choose the specific Instance which maps to the PagerDuty service. Repeat the process to add multiple services.
Is it possible to create a channel directly from an Alert?
Yes, you can create a new channel from within an alert.
- In the Recipients section, choose PagerDuty from the Channel list and Add PagerDuty Instance in the Instance list.
- You are directed to PagerDuty login. Continue with the same steps described above.