HipChat is persistent group chat for teams, with over 140 integrations and native clients for desktop and mobile devices. This integration allows you to trigger incidents in PagerDuty from HipChat. This complements our HipChat Server integration and legacy HipChat integration which posts information about PagerDuty incidents to HipChat rooms.
- From the Configuration menu, select Services.
- On your Services page:If you are creating a new service for your integration, click +Add New Service.If you are adding your integration to an existing service, click the name of the service you want to add the integration to. Then click the Integrations tab and click the +New Integration button.
- Select your app from the Integration Type menu and enter an Integration Name.If you are creating a new service for your integration, in General Settings, enter a Name for your new service. Then, in Incident Settings, specify the Escalation Policy, Notification Urgency, and Incident Behavior for your new service.
- Click the Add Service or Add Integration button to save your new integration. You will be redirected to the Integrations page for your service.
- Copy the Integration URL for your new integration.
- From the HipChat room where you would like these notifications to go, click Integrations:
- Then select the Build your own integration option:
- Name your Integration:
- Scroll down to Extend HipChat with Your Commands & check the box that says Add a command
- Choose your slash command & paste in the integration URL from PagerDuty:
- Click Save
- Then Test to ensure it is working properly (example):
- Visit your PagerDuty instance to see that the incident was triggered successfully.