SearchStax is a fully-managed cloud search service featuring automated provisioning and scaling of Apache Solr Search Engine, backups, 24/7 monitoring and alerting, administrative tools, and expert support. SearchStax integrates with PagerDuty by triggering incidents when monitoring events are raised, and automatically resolving the incident in PagerDuty after the event is closed.
- On the Dashboard, click on Third-party access under Account Settings.
- Click on PagerDuty in the horizontal menu bar.
- From the third-party access page, click the Alert with PagerDuty button.
- You will be redirected to an authorization screen where you’ll enter your PagerDuty credentials. Click Authorize Integration after entering your information.
- After authorizing the integration, you will be directed to the configuration screen where you can enter the name of your service (by default, it will pre-fill with SearchStax) and select your desired Escalation Policy from the dropdown menu. Click Finish Integration after selecting the escalation policy.
- You can verify the integration is properly configured by logging into PagerDuty and navigating to Configuration > Services where you’ll see the newly created service for SearchStax.
- After you have configured a monitoring check for your deployment in SearchStax, you’ll notice alerts triggered in PagerDuty whenever the specified thresholds are breached. These incidents will be automatically resolved when the corresponding incident is closed in SearchStax.
When are alerts triggered in PagerDuty?
Alerts are triggered in PagerDuty when incidents are opened in SearchStax, which happens when thresholds are breached for a configured monitoring check in SearchStax.
Will PagerDuty incidents resolve when the event is closed in SearchStax?
Yes, the current integration will resolve incidents in PagerDuty when the corresponding incident is closed in SearchStax.