Terms and Conditions
These are the Terms and Conditions for the PagerDuty AWS Summit Promotion (“Promotion”) to be held at the AWS Summit in Sydney from 10 -12 April 2018 (“AWS Summit”).
- The Promoter is PagerDuty Pty Ltd (ABN 43 619 158 753) of 5 Martin Place, Sydney NSW 2000.
- Information on how to enter the Promotion and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Participation in this Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry into the Promotion is only open to Australian residents over the age of 18 who are registered to attend the AWS Summit in Sydney 2018 (“Entrants”)
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de- facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- The Promotion commences at 7.00am AEST on Tuesday 10 April 2018 and ends at 1.45pm AEST Thursday 12 April 2018 (“Promotion Period”).
- To be eligible to enter to the Promotion, Entrants must visit the PagerDuty booth and get their AWS Summit registration badge scanned by a PagerDuty team member during the Promotion Period (“Eligible Entrants”).
- There will be two prizes awarded to 2 Eligible Entrants who are selected in accordance with the Prize Conditions.
- Each prize will be one Kintech Mini 36V/6.4AH Electric Scooter valued at AUD $865 each.
- The total prize pool value is AU$1,730
- The draw will take place at 3.10pm AEST on 12 April 2018 at the end of the PagerDuty breakout session during the AWS Summit Sydney 2018 at the International Convention Centre, 14 Darling Drive, Sydney, NSW 2000.
- The Promoter will draw the first two winning entries and each selected entry must be that of an Eligible Entrant and will each be deemed a “Winner” for the purposes of these terms and conditions.
- Each Winner must be present at the draw to be eligible to win the prize and have 4 minutes to claim their prize from the time their name is announced.
- The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case (a) a Winner does not claim a prize in accordance with clause 13; (b) an ineligible Entrant is drawn or (c) a drawn entry is deemed by the Promoter to be an invalid entry.
- In addition to announcing the Winners at the AWS Summit in accordance with clause 11, the winner will also be announced on the PagerDuty website at http://www.pagerduty.com.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Entrants (including an Entrant’s identity, age, place of residence) and to disqualify any Entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Entrant.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorized intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any Entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the internet is the Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) collection and/or use of the prize.
- As a condition of accepting the prize, the Winner must sign any legal documentation required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
Promotion Prize conditions
Authorised under NSW permit number: LTPM/18/02980