How to Integrate Pingdom with PagerDuty
Pingdom is a simple and convenient tool to monitor the uptime of your website and other infrastructure. It can be easily configured to send alerts to PagerDuty (via email), thus allowing you to take advantage of PagerDuty’s comprehensive alerting and incident tracking functionality. PagerDuty adds two-way phone, SMS, and email alerting to your existing Pingdom checks. You’ll also be able to configure automatic escalation of alerts, handle alerts on-the-go from a mobile phone, and set up on-call duty scheduling.
Setting up the PagerDuty / Pingdom integration
- Click on the Services tab
- On the right sidebar, click the Add New Service tab
- Enter a name for this service (eg, “Pingdom Alerts”), select an escalation policy, and under service type, select Pingdom.
- Click the Add Service button.
- You’ll be taken to the service page. Copy the Integration email to the clipboard; you’ll need it to set up the integration in Pingdom.
- Click on the Contacts tab, and then select Add new contact. (Just to clarify: In Pingdom there are “Users” who login to the Pingdom web-console and “Contacts”, which are endpoints which Pingdom send alerts to, such as PagerDuty services. This step pertains only to adding a “Contact”.)
- Enter a name for the contact (eg, “PagerDuty Integration”).
- Under the Email field, paste the Integration email that you copied in step 5 above.
- Save the contact.
- Click on the Checks tab, and click the edit icon next to the check to which you wish to add PagerDuty integration.
- Under Notification, check the box for the contact you created for PagerDuty
- Select Notify via: Email.
- Select the checkbox next to Notify when back up
- Click Update Check