Pingdom is a simple and convenient tool to monitor the uptime of your website and other infrastructure. It can be easily configured to send alerts to PagerDuty (via email or webhook), thus allowing you to take advantage of PagerDuty’s comprehensive alerting and incident tracking functionality. PagerDuty adds two-way phone, SMS, and email alerting to your existing Pingdom checks. You’ll also be able to configure automatic escalation of alerts, handle alerts on-the-go from a mobile phone, and set up on-call scheduling.
If you are a Pingdom Legacy customer, you will be able to use the Pingdom BeepManager integration. Any Pingdom account created after June 27, 2016 cannot use the Pingdom BeepManager and must use the Pingdom Email integration.
- Go to the Configuration menu and select Services.
- On the Services page:
- If you are creating a new service for your integration, click Add New Service.
- If you are adding your integration to an existing service, click the name of the service you want to add the integration to. Then click the Integrations tab and click the New Integration button.
- Select Pingdom Email from the Integration Type menu and enter an Integration Name.
If you are creating a new service for your integration, in General Settings, enter a Name for your new service. Then, in Incident Settings, specify the Escalation Policy, Notification Urgency, and Incident Behavior for your new service.
- Click the Add Service or Add Integration button to save your new integration. You will be redirected to the Integrations page for your service.
- Copy the Integration Email. You can view this by selecting View from the gear icon menu of the integration in the Integrations tab on the service.
- From the Pingdom dashboard on the left-side of your screen, expand the Settings menu, and click Users.
- Click Add new user.
- Select Alerts Only / Contact as the User Type, and enter the integration email address obtained in the above steps into the Email field under the section “How do we send alerts to this user?”
- Create a check, or modify an existing check, and under the Alerting Settings for the check, make sure that the contact created in steps 1-3 is selected for “Who to alert?”
- Ensure that Alert when back up is checked, if you want incidents in PagerDuty to be automatically resolved when they resolve in Pingdom.
- Congratulations! Your Pingdom email integration now complete. Now when an alert on one of your Pingdom checks meets the necessary criteria, a PagerDuty incident will be triggered to notify whomever is on-call.
Will the PagerDuty incident automatically resolve when the check is up?
Yes, the PagerDuty incident will resolve when the Pingdom check is up, provided Alert when back up is enabled for the checks in question.