Netuitive is an adaptive monitoring and analytics platform for cloud infrastructure and web applications. By ingesting metrics from multiple data sources, Netuitive learns behaviors and utilizes pre-set dynamic policies that reduce the manual effort and human-guesswork typically required to monitor systems and applications.
This guide will walk you through the process of integrating Netuitive with PagerDuty. If you have any trouble completing the integration please contact us.
- From the Configuration menu, select Services.
- On your Services page:
If you are creating a new service for your integration, click +Add New Service.
If you are adding your integration to an existing service, click the name of the service you want to add the integration to. Then click the Integrations tab and click the +New Integration button.
- Select your app from the Integration Type menu and enter an Integration Name.
If you are creating a new service for your integration, in General Settings, enter a Name for your new service. Then, in Incident Settings, specify the Escalation Policy, Notification Urgency, and Incident Behavior for your new service.
- Click the Add Service or Add Integration button to save your new integration. You will be redirected to the Integrations page for your service.
- Copy the Integration Key for your new integration:
- Click your email address on the top right corner of the page, then click Notifications and go to the PagerDuty tab. Click Add PagerDuty.
- Give the PagerDuty notification method a Name, make sure its status is Enabled, then paste the Integration Key you copied in step 3 above in to the Service Key field. If you click the Test button you should see a confirmation message on the lower right corner of the page, and a new incident will be opened in PagerDuty. Click Save when you are done.
- Go to the Policies page, create or select a policy that you want to trigger PagerDuty incidents, set the desired alert conditions, then go to the Actions tab. Click Add Notification, then select PagerDuty as the Notification Type and select the name of your PagerDuty notification from the previous step. Click Save when you are done.
If a policy condition clears in Netuitive, will it also be resolved in PagerDuty?
No, while the Netuitive integration will create new incidents in PagerDuty when a policy condition is triggered, the integration does not automatically resolve incidents at this time.