Netuitive is an adaptive monitoring and analytics platform for cloud infrastructure and web applications. By ingesting metrics from multiple data sources, Netuitive learns behaviors and utilizes pre-set dynamic policies that reduce the manual effort and human-guesswork typically required to monitor systems and applications.
1. From the Configuration menu, select Services.
2. On your Services page:
- If you are creating a new service for your integration: Click +Add New Service.
- If you are adding your integration to an existing service: Click the name of the service you want to add the integration to. Then click the Integrations tab and click the +New Integration button.
3. Select Netuitive from the Integration Type menu and enter an Integration Name.
4. If you are creating a new service for your integration, in General Settings, enter a Name for your new service. Then, in Incident Settings, specify the Escalation Policy, Notification Urgency, and Incident Behavior for your new service.
5. Click the Add Service or Add Integration button to save your new integration. You will be redirected to the Integrations page for your service.
6. Copy the Integration Key for your new integration and keep it in a safe place for future use.
7. To create a Notification, navigate to Notifications, select the PagerDuty tab and click +Add PagerDuty.
8. Complete the following fields:
- Name: Enter the name of the Notification.
- Enabled: Check this checkbox to indicate that the Notification is active.
- Service Key: Paste the Integration Key generated in PagerDuty (step 6 above).
9. Click Save to save the Notification.
10. Next you will apply this Notification to a Policy. Navigate to Policies and click +New Policy (or edit an existing one).
11. On the next screen, complete your preferred Scope and Conditions.
12. Next, navigate to Actions, click +Add Notification and select PagerDuty in the Notification Type section.
13. Complete the rest of configuration depending on your preferences and click Save to complete the integration.
If you have any trouble completing the integration please contact us.
If a policy condition clears in Netuitive, will it also be resolved in PagerDuty?
No, while the Netuitive integration will create new incidents in PagerDuty when a policy condition is triggered, the integration does not automatically resolve incidents at this time.