This integration requires use of our v1 REST API which was decommissioned on October 19, 2018.
For more information about the v1 REST API decommissioning, take a look at our FAQ here: https://v2.developer.pagerduty.com/v2/docs/v1-rest-api-decommissioning-faq
Please contact email@example.com to inquire about the status of this upgrade.
BigPanda’s data science platform automatically correlates all of your IT alerts, so you can quickly detect, understand, resolve and prevent IT issues. You can create PagerDuty incidents from BigPanda by setting up the integration to send notifications when you share a BigPanda incident with PagerDuty. Please contact us if you’re having any trouble with the integration.
- From the Configuration menu, select Services.
- On your Services page:If you are creating a new service for your integration, click +Add New Service.If you are adding your integration to an existing service, click the name of the service you want to add the integration to. Then click the Integrations tab and click the +New Integration button.
- Select your app from the Integration Type menu and enter an Integration Name.If you are creating a new service for your integration, in General Settings, enter a Name for your new service. Then, in Incident Settings, specify the Escalation Policy, Notification Urgency, and Incident Behavior for your new service.
- Click the Add Service or Add Integration button to save your new integration. You will be redirected to the Integrations page for your service.
- Copy the Integration Key for your new integration:
- From the Configuration menu, select API Access.
- On your API Access page, click the +Create New API Key button.
- In the dialog that pops up, you’ll be prompted to enter a Description for your key, and choose an API version. You will also have the option to create the key as Read-only; leaving this box unchecked will create a full access key. A note about versioning: API v2.0 is designed to make it easier for new integrations to communicate with PagerDuty. Most existing PagerDuty integrations will require an API v1.0 key. If you have questions on which API version to use, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you have filled in your options, click Create Key.
- Once you click Create Key, you will see a dialog displaying your key and confirming the options you filled in on the previous step. Make sure to copy this key into any application that needs it now, as you will not have access to the key after this step. If you lose a key that you created previously and need access to it again, you should remove the key and create a new one. Click Close once you have successfully copied your key.
- Once created, you will see your key appear in the list of keys on the API Access page, with versioning noted.
- Visit Integration, find PagerDuty under Sharing & Ticket Management and click Install.
- In Step 1 of the integration instructions, name your integration and click Generate App Key. In Step 5, add your PagerDuty Integration Key, Subdomain, and API Access Key. Click Configure PagerDuty.
Testing the integration
- Trigger an incident in your BigPanda account. In the top-right menu on the incident, click Share.
- Under Share via:, select PagerDuty and click Share.
- Optionally enter a Personal Message to send with the PagerDuty incident, and click Share.
- You’ll see a new incident triggered on your PagerDuty service. If you resolve the incident in BigPanda, you can share the incident to PagerDuty again after resolving in BigPanda, which will resolve the incident in PagerDuty.
Will BigPanda automatically resolve PagerDuty incidents?
Unfortunately no; you will need to share a resolved incident with your PagerDuty integration in BigPanda to resolve the corresponding incident in PagerDuty.
Can I integrate more than one PagerDuty service with BigPanda?
Yes. Simply follow the In BigPanda section of this guide again for each different PagerDuty service key that you would like to integrate, and make sure to give each installation of the PagerDuty app a different name in Step 1 of the BigPanda integration instructions to differentiate between services.