BigPanda Autonomous Operations platform helps IT Ops, NOC and DevOps teams detect, investigate, and resolve IT incidents faster and more easily than ever before. Powered by Open Box Machine Learning, BigPanda correlates IT noise into insights, automates incident management, and unifies fragmented IT operations. Customers such as Intel, TiVO, Turner Broadcasting and Workday rely on BigPanda to reduce their operating costs, improve service availability and performance, and de-risk and accelerate their digital transformation initiatives.
With the BigPanda integration you can create PagerDuty incidents by automatically sharing BigPanda incidents with PagerDuty. Once shared, the integration keeps your BigPanda and PagerDuty incidents in-sync, sending additional intelligently correlated events from BigPanda, sharing comments and notes, and allowing for incident resolution in either system. Please contact email@example.com if you’re having any trouble with the integration.
Create a New Service
If you plan to reuse an existing service please skip to Add a BigPanda Integration to Your PagerDuty Service
- Select Services in the navigation bar.
- On your Services page, click +New Service and follow the steps outlined, selecting this integration in step 4. Click Create Service. You will be redirected to the Integrations page.
- Find the integration in the list, copy the Integration Key and keep it in a safe place for later use.
Add a BigPanda Integration to Your PagerDuty Service
- Click Services on the navigation bar.
- Seach for the service you wish to add the BigPanda integration to.
- From the Integrations tab click the Add a New Integration link.
- From the Integration Type menu select Use our API directly and ensure Events API v2 is selected.
- Click the Add Integration button to save the new integration. You will be redirected to the Integrations page for your service.
- Under Extensions, click New Extension and supply the following details:
- Extension Type: Select Generic V2 Webhook
- Name: Appropriate name such as “BigPanda Webhook”
- Details: This URL (replacing
YOUR_BEARER_TOKEN with your BigPanda Bearer token)
- Copy the Integration Key for your new integration and keep it in a safe place for later use.
- Log in to BigPanda then click the Integrations tab at the top of the screen.
- In the left pane, click New Integration.
- Locate the PagerDuty integration and then click Integrate.
- Under Create an App Key name your integration and click Generate App Key.
- Skip the Create a New PagerDuty Service and Add a BigPanda Integration to Your PagerDuty Service steps.
- In the Connect BigPanda to PagerDuty step fill in the value for the
x-bp-config-pdkey header with your PagerDuty integration key from earlier.
- Finally, click Configure Webhook.
Testing the integration
- Trigger an incident in your BigPanda account. Then find the incident in the BigPanda Console and click the Share icon.
- In the Share Via: drop-down, select the integration you just configured.
- You’ll see a new incident triggered on your PagerDuty service. If you resolve the incident in BigPanda, the ticket will be automatically resolved in PagerDuty and vice versa.
- Additionally actions take in PagerDuty such as Acknowledge, Resolve, adding comments, etc. should show up in the Activity Feed in the BigPanda console for the corresponding incident.
Can I integrate more than one PagerDuty service with BigPanda?
Yes. Simply follow the In BigPanda section of this guide again for each different PagerDuty service key that you would like to integrate, and make sure to give each installation of the PagerDuty app a different name in Step 1 of the BigPanda integration instructions to differentiate between services.
Alternately, you can map individual alerts to different PagerDuty service integrations. Please see these advanced configuration steps in the BigPanda docs to learn how.
Can I map BigPanda tags to PagerDuty Fields?
Yes! Please see these advanced configuration steps in the BigPanda docs to learn how.