Conviva Video AI Alerts enables you to integrate manual alerts and AI alerts with PagerDuty, so you can enhance Conviva’s advanced video alerts with PagerDuty escalation management and notifications. You’ll need a PagerDuty account with configured services, documented below, in order to integrate Conviva alerts.
- Go to the Configuration menu and select Services.
- On the Services page:
- If you are creating a new service for your integration, click +Add New Service.
- If you are adding your integration to an existing service, click the name of the service you want to add the integration to. Then click the Integrations tab and click the +New Integration button.
- Select your app, in this case Conviva, from the Integration Type menu
- Enter an Integration Name. If you are creating a new service for your integration, in General Settings, enter a Name for your new service. Then, in Incident Settings, specify the Escalation Policy, Notification Urgency, and Incident Behavior for your new service.
- Click the Add Service or Add Integration button to save your new integration. You will be redirected to the Integrations page for your service.
- Copy the Integration Key for your new integration.
In Conviva Video AI Alerts
- In Conviva Video AI Alerts, select the Settings > Notifications Channels menu and click the PagerDuty tab. The PagerDuty page appears so you can configure the integration between the Video AI Alerts and PagerDuty services.
- Click the Add PagerDuty Service button.
- Enter the service fields, including the PagerDuty Service Name, Integration Key, and the desired alerts. Additionally input an email address for the Email field, that will receive email notifications in case any issues arise with the integration. Use a comma to separate multiple emails, and distribution lists are supported as well.
- Optionally set the severity and custom payloads for AI Alerts.
- Optionally set the priority and custom payloads for Manual Alerts.
- Once set up, click Verify, which will send out a test incident in the PagerDuty service to verify the integration key was inputted correctly. Once you’ve received the test incident in PagerDuty, click Confirm.
Congratulations! Conviva will now be able to trigger and resolve incidents in PagerDuty.
Can you associate Conviva with more than one PagerDuty service?
Yes, you can tie Conviva to multiple PagerDuty services by creating additional services in PagerDuty and additional notification channels in Conviva which use different PagerDuty Service Integration Keys. This is extremely useful for dividing your alerts up to different escalation policies so that the proper team is notified for incidents relevant to them.