Turn any signal into insight and action. See how PagerDuty Digital Operations Management Platform integrates machine data and human intelligence to improve visibility and agility across organizations.
Learn how PagerDuty can accelerate your cloud migration.
Check out the latest features we’ve been working on—including event intelligence, machine learning, response automation, on-call, analytics, operations health management, integrations, and more.
Digital Operations Management arms organizations with the insights needed to turn data into opportunity across every operational use case, from DevOps, ITOps, Security, Support, and beyond.
Over 200 Integrations
Discover DevOps best practices with our library of webinars, whitepapers, reports, and much more.
Learn best practices and get support help with resources from our award-winning support team.
See how PagerDuty works with our live product demo — twice a week, every week.
Join live and on-demand webinars for product deep dives, industry trends, configuration training, and use case-specific best practices.
Interactive, simple-to-use API and technical documentation enables users to easily try updates and extend PagerDuty.
Engage with users and PagerDuty experts from our global community of 200k+ users. Become a member, connect, and share insights for success.
Get all your PagerDuty-related questions answered by exploring our in-depth support documentation and community forums.
In part one of this two-part series, I went over focusing on low-effort tasks that produce the highest value and ways to increase leverage in...
PagerDuty helps organizations transform their digital operations. Learn more about PagerDuty's mission and what we do.
Meet our experienced and passionate executive team.
We are risk-taking innovators dedicated to delivering amazing products and delighting customers. Join us and do the best work of your career.
With the PagerDuty Foundation, we are committed to doing our part in giving back to the community.
Copperegg is a SaaS-based server monitoring service that provides performance statistics, various forms of data visualization, and customized analytics. By providing real-time updates with critical information, you can test your services along with their response times and customize as necessary. In a few simple screens you can monitor your server’s health, examine overall and individual service performance, and analyze metrics at your preferred level of granularity. Copperegg can be configured to send alerts to PagerDuty, which can be acknowledged and resolved from within PagerDuty.Follow these instructions to configure Copperegg with PagerDuty. If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are creating a new service for your integration, click +Add New Service.
If you are adding your integration to an existing service, click the name of the service you want to add the integration to. Then click the Integrations tab and click the +New Integration button.
If you are creating a new service for your integration, in General Settings, enter a Name for your new service. Then, in Incident Settings, specify the Escalation Policy, Notification Urgency, and Incident Behavior for your new service.
For the purposes of this guide, I created a simple Rails site using PostgreSQL with the command “rails new generate scaffold title:string body:text” and pushed it to Heroku at http://thawing-mesa-1620.herokuapp.com/.1. Go to the Probes Tab on Copperegg and set up a probe to monitor your site. Notice that this probe is set up to check the website once every minute, the Copperegg default.
2. Go the Alerts Tab and select Configure Alerts. From there, select the alerts you would like to be notified about and add your PagerDuty API service to them. I added Error Status Code, Lost Connectivity, and Site Down to the PagerDuty API service, which I added under a previously created Notification Profile name of PagerTester.
3. Confirm that PagerDuty is now visible under the Destinations column of the Configure Alerts view in your Alerts Tab.
4. Everything is now ready to test out your website using PagerDuty’s integration with Copperegg. To do this, deliberately introduce an error into your site.In my case, I created an error within the index action in the Posts Controller, by changing the instance variable @posts=Post.all to the undefined @posts=Post.ball. I committed this error to git and issued the command ‘git push heroku master’ to propagate the error.I could have also used sleep 5 to cause a timeout, or issued the command heroku ps:scale web=0 to shut the site down. Any choice should have the desired effect of creating an alert and notifying PagerDuty.
5. Verify that the site is down.
6. Wait for the error to appear in Copperegg. When it does, alerts will appear in your tabs in red. Your server health display will also change in appearance.
7. Visit the Alerts Tab to determine the error type.
8. Log into PagerDuty and confirm that the error is also reflected there.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully integrated Copperegg with PagerDuty.
Yes, you can. For instance, you can create another service as a Generic API system and add it to PagerDuty. Repeat the steps shown above to add it to Copperegg. After selecting Test Notification for both services from within Copperegg, alerts for both services will be triggered in PagerDuty.
Your PagerDuty service must have an integration key. After entering this integration key into Copperegg’s Notification Profile, press the Test Notifications button and then log in to your PagerDuty account to verify that the alert has successfully registered.
No. Copperegg does not automatically resolve incidents.You’ll still need to acknowledge and resolve the issue within PagerDuty; once triggered, user input is required before it can be removed.
Please contact us if you’re unable to sort out the difficulty.
600 Townsend St., #200
San Francisco, CA 94103
260 Queen St W #300,
Toronto, ON M5V 1Z8, Canada
1416 NW 46th St., St. 301
Seattle, WA 98107
5 Martin Place
1 Fore St,
London EC2Y 9DT
© 2009 - 2018