DNSmonitor is a subscription-based monitoring service that specializes in detection and alerting for DNS availability, domain integrity, domain and DNS server security, and performance. The integration with DNSmonitor supports automatically resolving PagerDuty incidents when DNS issues are corrected or recovered from.
Start in DNSmonitor
- Go to your DNSmonitor account dashboard, and under the Manage menu, select Alerts.
- Click the button Alert With PagerDuty.
- You will be redirected to PagerDuty. Enter your PagerDuty login information and click Authorize Integration
- The next step will ask you to create a new service in PagerDuty for the integration, or add the DNSmonitor integration to an existing service. Fill in these details as desired, and click Finish Integration.
- You will then be redirected back to the Alerts management page.
- Under the Alerts panel on the left, click on a domain on which to enable PagerDuty.
- Click Add Alert.
- A window should appear with options for configuring the new alert:
- Under Select Service select the newly-integrated service created in the previous steps.
- For the Alert Level, select the level of availability such that if it becomes degraded below that level, it will trigger a PagerDuty incident.
- Click Save to complete the integration.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will PagerDuty incidents be resolved if the DNS issues are resolved?
Yes! The DNSmonitor integration does automatically resolve incidents.