Logsene by Sematext is an enterprise-class log management solution. Logsene can receive logs from a wide array of logs shippers, such as Fluentd, Logstash, and Syslog; and supports many logging frameworks for programming languages such as: Java, Scala, Go, Node.js, Ruby, Python, and more. Among other capabilities, Logsene exposes the Elasticsearch API, works with Kibana, and has built-in alerts and anomaly detection. It is available both in the Cloud (SaaS) and On Premises. It also integrates with SPM Performance Monitoringto correlate metrics, events, and logs (check out Integrate PagerDuty with SPM Performance Monitoring for those instructions, which are very similar to what you will see here).
- From the Services menu, select Service Directory.
- On your Service Directory page:If you are creating a new service for your integration, click +New Service.If you are adding your integration to an existing service, click the name of the service you want to add the integration to. Then click the Integrations tab and click the Add a new integration to this service link.
- Select your app from the Integration Type menu and enter an Integration Name. If you are creating a new service for your integration, in General Settings, enter a Name for your new service. Then, in Incident Settings, specify the Escalation Policy, Notification Urgency, and Incident Behavior for your new service.
- Click the Add Service or Add Integration button to save your new integration. You will be redirected to the Integrations page for your service.
- Copy the Integration Key for your new integration:
- Navigate to App Actions of your Logsene App by clicking the App Settings menu item.
- Navigate to Alerts / PagerDuty.
- Enter the Integration Key from PagerDuty in the field Service API key.
- Click Save.
- To enable PagerDuty Notifications, navigate to Alerts/Notification Transports.
- Select PagerDuty.
- Congratulations! You completed the Logsene integration! If you have any questions please reach out to email@example.com.
Will Sematext Logsene incidents automatically resolve?
No, but the user can decide to get a “Back to normal state” message.
Can I setup Sematext Logsene to be tied to multiple PagerDuty services?
No, currently PagerDuty is a global setting in Sematext Logsene and only one API key is managed.
Are incidents de-duplicated?
Incidents are not de-duplicated, but there are settings within Sematext Logsene that can be enabled to avoid too many alerts/triggers.
Is there a 2-way ack-back integration?
Are there logs I can reference in Sematext Logsene?
Yes, all alerts are stored and displayed for users within Sematext Logsene.
Is there a retry mechanism if the API call does not return a 200 (success)?