Opsee is monitoring designed for the on-call developer. Opsee focuses on health checks, which give you a clean signal on whether or not your services are healthy and responding the way you expect.
- From the Configuration menu, select Services.
- On your Services page: If you are creating a new service for your integration, click +Add New Service.If you are adding your integration to an existing service, click the name of the service you want to add the integration to. Then click the Integrations tab and click the +New Integration button.
- Select Opsee from the Integration Type menu and enter an Integration Name.If you are creating a new service for your integration, in General Settings, enter a Name for your new service. Then, in Incident Settings, specify the Escalation Policy, Notification Urgency, and Incident Behavior for your new service.
- Click the Add Service or Add Integration button to save your new integration. You will be redirected to the Integrations page for your service.
- From the Profile section, select Connect to PagerDuty.
- Log in to your PagerDuty account and then select Authorize Integration. If you normally log in using Single Sign-on, you’ll need to use that here, as well.
- Either select an existing Opsee service or create a new one. If you create a new one, you’ll need to give it a Name and choose an escalation policy. Once you’re done, click Finish Integration.
- You should now see your PagerDuty service listed in your Profile.
- Navigate to the Checks section and select the check for which you’d like to receive PagerDuty notifications.
- Click on the Edit button.
- Select PagerDuty from the Notifications options. Once PagerDuty has been selected, you’ll be able to trigger a test incident on your service using the Test button. Once you’ve done that, click Finish to save your new settings.
When your Opsee check fails, it will trigger an incident in PagerDuty. The incident details will provide some additional information about the check in question.
Will Opsee resolve PagerDuty incidents once the check begins to pass again?