Postman is the essential toolchain for API developers to share, test, document and monitor APIs, and is used by more than three million developers worldwide. The Postman Pro to PagerDuty Integration enables Postman Monitor results to trigger incidents and acknowledgements in PagerDuty.
- Go to the Configuration menu and select Services.
- On the Services page:
- If you are creating a new service for your integration, click Add New Service.
- If you are adding your integration to an existing service, click the name of the service you want to add the integration to. Then click the Integrations tab and click the New Integration button.
- Select your app from the Integration Type menu.
- Enter an Integration Name. If you are creating a new service for your integration, in General Settings, enter a Name for your new service. Then, in Incident Settings, specify the Escalation Policy, Notification Urgency, and Incident Behavior for your new service.
- Click the Add Service or Add Integration button to save your new integration. You will be redirected to the Integrations page for your service.
- Copy the Integration Key for your new integration.
- Log into your postman account online. From the page, select PagerDuty from the list of 3rd party integrations. Then click Add.
- In the PagerDuty Integration Key field, enter the Integration Key that you copied from PagerDuty. Then select a monitor from the dropdown.
How can I setup Postman to be tied to multiple PagerDuty services?
Once you have a second Postman service set up within PagerDuty, create a new monitor within Postman. You will duplicate the “In Postman” section above, this time using the PagerDuty Service Integration Key from the additional PagerDuty service on which you’d like to trigger an incident.
Will Postman incidents automatically resolve?
Not at this time. The Postman integration only supports triggering and ack’ing incidents in PagerDuty.