RapidSpike is an uptime & performance monitoring service for web sites & applications. It simplifies monitoring, alerting & reporting to support your online presence & ensure positive user experiences.
- Go to the Configuration menu and select Services.
- On the Services page:
- If you are creating a new service for your integration, click Add New Service.
- If you are adding your integration to an existing service, click the name of the service you want to add the integration to. Then click the Integrations tab and click the New Integration button.
- Select your app from the Integration Type menu and enter an Integration Name.If you are creating a new service for your integration, in General Settings, enter a Name for your new service. Then, in Incident Settings, specify the Escalation Policy, Notification Urgency, and Incident Behavior for your new service.
- Click the Add Service or Add Integration button to save your new integration. You will be redirected to the Integrations page for your service.
- Copy the Integration Key for your new integration.
- Go to the Profile menu and select Settings.
- On the Settings page select Integrations
- On the Integrations page, scroll to the bottom to the PagerDuty section. Give your PagerDuty integration a label that will help you identify it in PagerDuty. Paste your integration key here. Click Add.
- Next you’ll need to add Notification Rules. Go to the Profile menu and select Notification Rules.
- You can edit the Notification Rule that was automatically generated for PagerDuty on the Notification Rules page.
- Indicate what types of Notification Rules you’d like to enable — you may choose email, SMS, or voice call. Then be sure to select the RapidSpike integration you’d like to associate this Notification Rule with. Click Update.
Will RapidSpike Notification Rules replace the Notification Rules I have on my user profile in PagerDuty?
No, RapidSpike Notification Rules will work in tandem with PagerDuty Notification Rules. You will receive notifications from both.
Can you integrate RapidSpike with multiple PagerDuty services?
Yes, RapidSpike may be used on multiple PagerDuty services. Simply repeat the setup process for each new service.
If something is resolved in RapidSpike, is it also resolved in PagerDuty?
Yes. If an incident is resolved in RapidSpike it is automatically resolved in PagerDuty.