Runscope is a set of API debugging and testing tools. Developers and operations teams can use Runscope Radar to monitor their APIs via scheduled tests with automatic PagerDuty incident triggering and resolution. Integrating PagerDuty with Runscope is done through PagerDuty Connect.
- On the Runscope profile page, select PagerDuty under Connect Runscope with Your Workflow.
- You will be redirected to an authorization screen in PagerDuty. You can authorize the integration using two methods: entering your PagerDuty login and clicking Authorize Integration OR entering your subdomain and clicking Sign In Using Your Identity Provider.
- On the next screen you will have the options to Use an integration on an existing service or Create a new service with an integration for Runscope. Once you have made your selection, click Finish Integration.
- You will then be redirected back to the Runscope Connected Services screen. Click Return to Dashboard in the upper right-hand navigation bar.
- Select Shared Environments in the upper right-hand navigation bar and then click Add Shared Environment.
- Click on the Unnamed title to expand the window and enter a Name, then select Integrations in the menu. Turn the slider next to the PagerDuty service to the ON position under Enable integrations with 3rd-party services.
Congratulations! Your integration is now complete!
Triggering and Resolving Incidents
When a connected PagerDuty service is enabled, any Radar test runs that fail will trigger an incident and send the notifications defined in your PagerDuty service settings. When any subsequent test run passes, the incident will be marked as resolved automatically. You can click on the Runscope URL to be linked directly to your Runscope account.
In order to prevent one test from clearing an incident for another, we recommend creating a PagerDuty service for each of your tests.
Can you associate a Runscope Radar test with more than one PagerDuty service?
Yes. You can connect as many PagerDuty services to your Runscope team as you’d like. For each test within your team, select from the connected services available to enable the integration.
Will PagerDuty incidents automatically resolve once the Runscope Radar test passes again?
Yes, PagerDuty incidents will automatically resolve when the Runscope Radar test associated with them passes.
Do you have additional questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.