SignalFx is a modern monitoring platform that allows you to collect, store, visualize, analyze and alert on your specified metrics. Now SignalFx and PagerDuty are working together to automatically trigger an incident when an alert is triggered by a detector in SignalFx.
- From the Configuration menu, select Services. If you are creating a new service for your integration, click +Add New Service.
- If you are adding your integration to an existing service, click the name of the service you want to add the integration to. Then click the Integrations tab and click the +New Integration button.
- Select your app from the Integration Type menu and enter an Integration Name. If you are creating a new service for your integration, in General Settings, enter a Name for your new service. Then, in Incident Settings, specify the Escalation Policy, Notification Urgency, and Incident Behavior for your new service.
- Click the Add Service or Add Integration button to save your new integration. You will be redirected to the Integrations page for your service.
5. Copy the Integration Key for your new integration:
- In your SignalFx account, click on the Integrations tab and search for ‘PagerDuty’.
- Select the PagerDuty app and click Create New Integration. Paste the Integration Key (generated in step 5 of the In PagerDuty section) in the API Key field and click Save.
- Navigate to Alerts and select Detectors to create or edit an existing detector for triggering PagerDuty incidents.
- Choose the rule that you would like to apply to PagerDuty incidents, then click Edit. In the Alert recipients section, click Add Recipient, select PagerDuty, click Done and then click Update Alert Rule.
- SignalFx will now trigger PagerDuty incidents whenever the detector rule conditions are met. It will also resolve the incident when the value goes back to normal.