Slack is a powerful chat tool that can be used by organizations to tie various services into a single communications platform. Slack makes it easy to communicate with your team. This integration allows you to trigger incidents in PagerDuty from Slack. This complements our PagerDuty to Slack integration which posts information about PagerDuty incidents to Slack channels.
- Go to the Configuration menu and select Services.
- On the Services page:
- If you are creating a new service for your integration, click Add New Service.
- If you are adding your integration to an existing service, click the name of the service you want to add the integration to. Then click the Integrations tab and click the New Integration button.
- Select your app from the Integration Type menu and enter an Integration Name.
If you are creating a new service for your integration, in General Settings, enter a Name for your new service. Then, in Incident Settings, specify the Escalation Policy, Notification Urgency, and Incident Behavior for your new service.
- Click the Add Service or Add Integration button to save your new integration. You will be redirected to the Integrations page for your service.
- Copy the Integration Key for your new integration.
- Go to Apps & integrations (your-team.slack.com/apps) and click Build.
- Click Make a Custom Integration.
- Click Slash Commands.
- In the Choose a Command field enter in the command you would like to use to trigger incidents.
- Then, click Add Slack Command Integration.
- On the next page, under Integration Settings, enter in the Integration URL found in your PagerDuty service.
- Click Save Integration at the bottom of the page.
Can I use the command in any channel in Slack?
Yes! You can use the command in any channel in Slack to trigger a PagerDuty Incident.
Can I acknowledge or resolve incidents using the command?
At this time you can only trigger incidents using the command.