Uptime is an industry leader in uptime and performance monitoring of websites and web applications. Uptime checks your website at one minute intervals from 30 different locations across 5 continents.
- Go to the Configuration menu and select Services.
- On the Services page:
- If you are creating a new service for your integration, click Add New Service.
- If you are adding your integration to an existing service, click the name of the service you want to add the integration to. Then click the Integrations tab and click the New Integration button.
- Select Generic API from the Integration Type menu and enter an Integration Name. If you are creating a new service for your integration, in General Settings, enter a Name for your new service. Then, in Incident Settings, specify the Escalation Policy, Notification Urgency, and Incident Behavior for your new service.
- Click the Add Service or Add Integration button to save your new integration. You will be redirected to the Integrations page for your service.
- Copy the Integration Key for your new integration.
- From the dashboard, select Alerting, then navigate to the Push Notifications tab and click to create a New Profile.
- From the Provider Type dropdown menu, select PagerDuty, then enter your integration key in the Service API Key field.
Next, select an Auto Resolve? option for your PagerDuty incidents for when a check passes again in Uptime. (Optional) Enter an Alias name for your profile.
Navigate to the Contacts tab and find the contact you want to assign your new notification profile to. Under the Actions column, click the gear icon to edit the contact.
From the Edit Contact box, type to find and add the PagerDuty profile you created in the Push Notifications field. Click Save to confirm your changes.
- Navigate to the Monitoring section, then click Add Check or edit an existing check.
In the Edit Check box, configure your settings as needed and add your contact in the Contacts field. Click Save to confirm your changes.
Uptime will now trigger PagerDuty incidents when your check fails.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Uptime notify multiple PagerDuty integrations?
Yes. Repeat these integration steps for each service in which you’d like Uptime to trigger incidents.
Will Uptime resolve PagerDuty incidents when a check passes again?
Yes. When creating or editing a check, enable Auto resolve on Check Up to have incidents auto-resolve in PagerDuty.