Wavefront by VMware is a hosted metric monitoring-as-a-service for cloud native application and infrastructure. With over 200 supported integrations, it gathers telemetry across your entire stack into a unified metrics store. Coupled with the industry’s most advanced query analytics, Wavefront renders visualizations for intelligent alerting, rapid anomaly detection, and accurate trending.
- Go to the Configuration menu and select Services.
- On the Services page:
- If you are creating a new service for your integration, click Add New Service.
- If you are adding your integration to an existing service, click the name of the service you want to add the integration to. Then click the Integrations tab and click the New Integration button.
- Select your app from the Integration Type menu
Note: Wavefront recommends using the PagerDuty API integration key instead of the PagerDuty email integration, but the choice between the two targets should be dependent upon how you want incidents to be created in PagerDuty based on your Wavefront alerts. You can read further about comparing API vs email integration on Wavefront documentation.
- Enter an Integration Name. If you are creating a new service for your integration, in General Settings, enter a Name for your new service. Then, in Incident Settings, specify the Escalation Policy, Notification Urgency, and Incident Behavior for your new service.
- Click the Add Service or Add Integration button to save your new integration. You will be redirected to the Integrations page for your service.
- Copy the Integration Key for your new integration.
- In Wavefront, open the Alerts browser.
- If you have an alert, locate the alert and click the alert name to open the Edit Alert screen. Otherwise, create an alert. For help, see Creating an Alert.
- Scroll down to the Target List field.
- Configure the target with a PagerDuty API integration key or email address:
- PagerDuty API integration key – Type pd: into the Targets field and paste the API integration key after pd:. You will be unable to save the alert if pd: does not precede the key or the key is incomplete.
- PagerDuty email address – Paste the email address into the Targets field.