How to Integrate AlertBot with PagerDuty
AlertBot allows you to monitor your website around the clock to ensure it’s always operational. Track its performance, detect errors, and be alerted of failures. Follow the instructions below to configure your AWS Cloudwatch with PagerDuty. If you have any questions or need any assistance, please contact our support team at email@example.com.
- Go to Services, and click on Add New Service:
- Enter a Service Name and choose an Escalation Policy.
- Start typing “AlertBot” under “Integration Type” to filter your choices. Then, click the Add service button. (Note your integration-email address, which you’ll need int your AlertBot setup.)
- Move your cursor over Monitoring, located at the top of the screen, and click on Contacts List.
- Click on the circle in front of the user or group you wish to add PagerDuty alerts to. Then, click the Edit button, located above the list of contacts.
- Click the Add button beneath the heading Contact Methods.
- Click on the circle in front of the Email contact type and click Next.
- Enter a Contact Method Name for the new PagerDuty Contact. This can be anything you’d like and is just used as a friendly name to distinguish between different methods. In the Email Address field, enter your PagerDuty service’s integration e-mail address.
- This new method is now available to be inserted into an Alert Schedule for any Monitor. When your monitor’s conditions are triggered in AlertBot:
You’ll see the corresponding incident opened in PagerDuty: