Dynatrace AppMon provides deep application monitoring and performance lifecycle management, allowing you to monitor and optimize every single transaction with gap-free code-level data. It can be easily configured to send alerts to PagerDuty, thus allowing you to take advantage of PagerDuty’s comprehensive alerting and incident tracking functionality. The guide below describes how to integrate your Dynatrace AppMon installation with PagerDuty.
- Go to the Configuration menu and select Services.
- On the Services page:
- If you are creating a new service for your integration, click Add New Service.
- If you are adding your integration to an existing service, click the name of the service you want to add the integration to. Then click the Integrations tab and click the New Integration button.
- Select your app from the Integration Type menu and enter an Integration Name.If you are creating a new service for your integration, in General Settings, enter a Name for your new service. Then, in Incident Settings, specify the Escalation Policy, Notification Urgency, and Incident Behavior for your new service.
- Click the Add Service or Add Integration button to save your new integration. You will be redirected to the Integrations page for your service.
- Copy the Integration Key for your new integration.
On Your Dynatrace AppMon Server
- Login to your Dynatrace AppMon server as Administrator or as a user with equal privileges, then download the PagerDuty Plugin to your desktop.
- Open the Dynatrace Client Application, go to the Tools menu, then select Manage Plugins.
- Click Install Plugin.
- Locate the JAR file that you downloaded to your desktop and click Open.
- Select the new PagerDuty Plugin from the list of available plugins and click Properties.
- Enter the Integration Key from PagerDuty in the API Key field and click OK.
- Select the incident you want to set up PagerDuty alerting against and open the Edit Incident Rule dialog.
- Click Advanced Configuration on the Actions tab.
- Click Add.
- Select the PagerDuty Plugin that was installed earlier and click Add.
- Set the Execution option to on incident begin, then click OK.
- Congratulations! Your integration is now complete! Now when an alert fires based on one of your Dynatrace AppMon Rules, a PagerDuty incident will be triggered.
If you run into any issues with this integration, please contact our support team.