PagerDuty Introduces Response Mobilizer and Response Bridge for Seamless Collaboration and Dynamic Incident Response
New features facilitate coordinated response by bringing together the right people and information
San Francisco – July 11, 2016 – PagerDuty, the leader in modern incident management, announces the availability of Response Mobilizer and Response Bridge, two new features that enable seamless collaboration between responders for dynamic incident response and faster resolution. Using PagerDuty’s new Response Moblizer feature, customers can notify and enlist additional experts and critical stakeholders to an incident. With the PagerDuty Response Bridge, customers can share a conference bridge for real-time collaboration on open incidents. Together, these features allow customers to respond at scale with the right people and contextual information for faster incident resolution.
Tweet This: .@PagerDuty debuts Response Mobilizer & Response Bridge that facilitate dynamic incident response: http://onc.al/ACGm3027CAz
Outages in the digital economy have serious customer experience and revenue implications that push ITOps and DevOps teams to constantly seek better tools and processes to mitigate the impact on their business. Critical incidents typically require a greater level of organization because the impact can span across multiple teams and business units, however, delays in enlisting the right subject matter experts cross-functionally can be detrimental for a time-sensitive resolution. Beyond the standard on-call schedules, PagerDuty Response Mobilizer allows customers to rapidly bring the right people together with the right contextual information to address business-critical issues in real-time. By helping customers recruit the right responders, PagerDuty reduces mean-time-to-resolve (MTTR) by minimizing the amount of time spent searching for responders . After gathering the right responders and key stakeholders, PagerDuty Response Bridge enables teams to collaborate via their existing conference bridge or chat tools. With custom messages that include critical incident context for new responders, PagerDuty provides a single incident view to coordinate the ideal response.
PagerDuty Response Mobilizer and Response Bridge enables customers to:
- Notify the Right People: Easily select and invite individuals by name or escalation policy to collaborate directly on any PagerDuty incident
- Mobilize Teams Immediately: Decrease response times by customizing how team members are notified (phone, push notifications, SMS), and identify their response status in real-time and escalate if necessary
- Access Contextual Information: Include a brief message to responders detailing why they are needed and leverage the rich, contextual details already embedded inside every incident so all responders are immediately aligned
- Conferencing Support: Include meeting details in any PagerDuty incident and invite responders to collaborate in a meeting, dramatically reducing MTTR
- Leverage existing Conferencing Platform: PagerDuty supports multiple conferencing providers, including Cisco WebEx, GoToMeeting, and Blue Jeans, so teams can operate within their established communication channels
“Many companies take 30-60 minutes just to get the right people on a conference bridge during business-impacting outages or incidents,” said Tim Armandpour, senior vice president of product development, PagerDuty. “When down-time is your business’s enemy, how fast you respond to an incident matters to the bottom line. PagerDuty Response Mobilizer and Response Bridge drastically reduce the amount of time and effort needed to collaborate and resolve an incident, but more importantly, mitigate a business issue.”
PagerDuty is an agile incident management solution that integrates with IT Ops and DevOps monitoring stacks to improve operational reliability and agility. From enriching and aggregating events to correlating them into actionable alerts, PagerDuty streamlines the incident management lifecycle by reducing noise and resolution times. With hundreds of native integrations with operations tools, automated scheduling, advance reporting and guaranteed reliability, PagerDuty is trusted by over 7,000 organizations globally to increase business and employee efficiency. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading venture capital firms Andreessen Horowitz, Bessemer Venture Partners, Baseline Ventures, and Ignition Partners. Try PagerDuty for free at www.pagerduty.com.
Kim Gengler, PagerDuty