- Safe Harbor:PagerDuty complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of PII from European Union member countries and Switzerland. PagerDuty has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view PagerDuty’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
- What Data We Collect:
- a. Information Provided by Visitors:
If you visit our Website or use our Services, we may collect PII from you, including, but not limited to, first and last name, organization name, e-mail address and password if you decide to register to receive information, schedule a demo, or create an account to use the Services. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail (e.g., in response to an employment opportunity posted on our website), we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply, and any information that you submit to us, such as a resume.
- b. Information that We may Collect via Technological Means:
c. Information that we may collect from our Customers:
If you decide to purchase the Services and become a PagerDuty customer (“Customer”), we will need to collect additional information from you.
First, we – or our third-party credit card or payment processor on our behalf – will collect your payment information, such as a credit card number or account information. All of this is your PII.
Second, you will need to set up your profile to be able to use the Services. This includes, among other things, telling us how to contact you or your organization when faults are detected by the organization’s monitoring tools, and creating accounts for the on-call engineers on your team. You will be able to set up your preferred contact methods (e.g., phone, SMS, email and/or push notifications) and you will be required to provide the applicable contact information (“Contact Information”), parts of which will also be PII. If you or your Users are supplying PII for Contact Persons, your represent and warrant that you have the right to provide such information.
- a. Information Provided by Visitors:
- How We Use the Data We Collect:We use PII for two basic purposes: to provide and improve the Website and to provide and improve the Services.
In particular, we use Contact Information to send alerts to Customers in accordance with the Customer’s notification rules and schedule.
We may also use PII to facilitate the creation of and secure your account on our network; identify you as a User in our system; provide improved administration of our Website and Services; improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Website and Services; respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests; send promotional communications; provide you with hardcopy or electronic newsletters, or surveys; send upgrades and special offers related to our Services and related services and for other marketing purposes of PagerDuty, should you request to receive such communications from us; make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback. We may also analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of the Website and Services or improve their respective functionalities, or for other business purposes.
- When We May Disclose Data:We may share your data with third parties as part of providing the Services. This will include, among other things, to provide technical support, to process payments, and to contact your organization when an alarm is triggered. Third parties may include, among others, payment processors, technical support organizations, server and network hosts, telephone and messaging operators, and other telecommunications organizations.
Regardless of any choices you make regarding your PII (as described below), PagerDuty may disclose PII if it believes in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants; or (b) protect or defend the rights or property of PagerDuty or users of the Services or related services.
We may share aggregate or anonymous data (including personal data that has been stripped of personally identifying characteristics) with third parties as part of providing our Service.
- Your Choices:We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your PII.
- b. Ability to Edit or Delete Personal Information:You may edit any of your PII in your account, including Contact Information (and/or notification rules), by editing your profile. You may also request that we delete your account information by sending an email to email@example.com, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). We will respond to such requests within 30 days. When we delete or edit account information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We will otherwise retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services as well as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Information Processed under the Direction of Customers:As described above, PagerDuty processes Contact Information under the direction of the applicable PagerDuty Customer (data controller) and has no direct relationship with the individuals (e.g., IT Personnel) whose personal data it processes. Any individual who seeks access, or who seeks to edit or delete inaccurate Contact Information should direct his or her query to the applicable customer. It is the customer’s responsibility to edit or delete (or have edited or deleted) such Contact Information as set forth above.
- Security of Your Data:PagerDuty is committed to protecting the security of your PII. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your PII from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We also require you to enter a password to access your account information. Please do not disclose your account password to unauthorized people. Despite these measures, you should know that PagerDuty cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with PII and mistakes and security breaches may happen. If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can contact us at the information below.
- Links to Third Party Sites:Our provision of a link to any other website or location is for your convenience and does not signify our endorsement of such other website or location or its contents. When you click on such a link, you will leave our site and go to another site. During this process, a third party may collect data, including PII, from you.
- Your California Privacy Rights:Our customers who are California residents may request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, certain information about the PII (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of PII that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information About Children:The PagerDuty Website and Services are not intended for use or access by children or minor. We do not intentionally gather PII about visitors who are under the age of 18.
548 Market St., #26994 San Francisco, CA 94104.