It’s official – you survived the holidays and made it to a new year of plans and resolutions. If you’re like me, thinking about your travel schedule for the coming months is probably included in that. IT Operations is a constantly evolving field, and attending events is one of the best ways to find out what other leaders are doing at their organizations. You can get fresh ideas at sessions, network with peers, browse new industry solutions and partners, and have a little fun while you’re at it. But where to start? There are thousands of IT Ops events every year, and 2016 is no different.
Here are my suggestions for which events should make your list this year. In chronological order:
- IBM Interconnect – February 21-25, Las Vegas, NV
- Game Developers Conference (GDC) – March 14-18, San Francisco, CA
- Gartner IT Operations Strategies & Solutions Summit – May 10-12, National Harbor, MD
- ServiceNow Knowledge – May 15-20, Las Vegas, NV
- Velocity – Meet us in Santa Clara June 20-23, New York September 19-22, or Amsterdam November 7-9
- VMworld – August 28 – September 1, Las Vegas, NV or October 17-20, Barcelona
- Microsoft Ignite – September 26-30, Atlanta, GA
- PuppetConf – October 17-21, San Diego, CA
- CA World – November 15-19, Las Vegas, NV
- AWS – Go to re:Invent November 28-December 2 in Vegas, or one of the Summits in a city near you
Find yourself heading to any of these events? Let us know. Email email@example.com and we’ll get you the inside tips for each of these shows, as well as exclusive invites to PagerDuty events.