What’s new: Updates to Event Intelligence, mobile, and more!
As we near the end of the Summer season, we’re excited to announce a new set of updates and enhancements to the PagerDuty platform. These updates will help our users and customers:
- Automate manual tasks and toil
- Prevent customer-impacting issues and innovate faster
- Keep external systems in sync with PagerDuty
- Embrace greater context through change events and service dependencies to triage faster on-the-go
Make sure to view the latest PagerDuty Pulse or learn more from our community team and developer advocates who have launched new programs to help you learn more about our latest products and best practices.
Enjoy some new features and enhancements to Rundeck Enterprise and Rundeck Community, as well as a few “incubating” features designed to welcome your feedback.
The Rundeck 3.4.2 update includes:
- Incubating Features: Easier-to-digest output data to Rundeck and Ruleset visualization to help view workflows throughout the rule creation process
- New Azure node steps to add Cloud Automation to your Rundeck workflows and manage larger deployments in Microsoft® Azure
- Specify custom filters during the ServiceNow® Node Source set-up gives you more flexibility when gathering the nodes you need from the CMDB.
Learn how embracing service ownership will help you innovate faster while reducing downtime and customer impact. With clearly defined service and ownership mapping to engage the right responder within minutes, you can streamline and automate incident response so you can spend more time innovating. Having a flexible ownership model makes it easier to change priorities, roles, and structures—while still maintaining historic metrics and data.
Service Graph Early Access
The interactive, dynamic Service Graph gives organizations a holistic view of their entire service architecture. Easily map, view and understand business and technical service dependencies across the entire digital ecosystem in real time. With Service Graph, teams can:
- Easily view the health of the full service topology at a glance
- Identify gaps in relationships among technical and business services and seamlessly create dependencies directly within the service graph
- Understand the full impact radius of an issue and zero in on the probable cause, helping to reduce time to resolution and facilitate coordination across teams
Enjoy this context-rich and visually captivating user interface as teams across the organization can enjoy the following benefits during critical, business-impacting issues:
- Broaden siloed views and improve situational awareness
- Diagnose probable root cause faster
- Promote cross-team collaboration
Following closely after the release of Webhooks V3, the product team continues to expand and support additional webhook subscription event types.
Service Event Webhooks
Service change updates can now be received via webhook to easily keep systems in sync with service changes within PagerDuty. Add service event types to existing webhook subscriptions or create a new one to begin receiving the following webhooks:
As a reminder, webhooks V1 and V2 are being deprecated on November 13, 2021 and March 31, 2022 respectively.
Event Intelligence on Mobile
A feature-rich mobile app with additional event intelligence capabilities delivers greater even greater context to help responders triage incidents faster and effortlessly while on the go.
Change Events and Service Dependencies for Mobile:
Responders away from their primary work devices can now view additional critical context to help accelerate root cause analysis while on their mobile device:
- Change Events—including Change Correlation—are easily viewed in two areas of the mobile app (incident detail and service detail). Either tap on a desired incident and scroll to Change Events, or navigate to the Service Directory to select a desired service to view a maximum of two Change Events. Event details displayed include the date and time, summary, service, type, links, and source.
- Service Dependencies in the mobile app help you triage incidents and view the full impact—also referred to as blast radius—of an incident. Simply navigate to the service directory, select a service, and tap the dependencies button at the bottom of the details page to view a list of technical services or business service dependencies that a desired service uses or is used by.
To learn more, you can:
- View the Change Events and Service Dependencies in this Mobile demo
- Read more about Change Events and Service Dependencies on Mobile from the knowledge base and our mobile release notes
Please take note and keep your teams informed of our upcoming product deprecations listed by nearest date:
- August 31, 2021 – The New Service Profile will fully replace the Service Details Page. New capabilities include recent change events, adding and viewing dependencies, and adding runbooks or a communication channel. Learn more here.
- November 13, 2021 – Webhooks V1 will be fully replaced by Webhooks V3 which is now generally available.
- March 31, 2022 – Webhooks V2 will be replaced by Webhooks V3 which is now generally available.
Webinars & Events
Join us for the following webinars and events to learn more about PagerDuty’s recent product updates and how they benefit customers.
If you missed it last time, catch the latest PagerDuty Pulse to access all of the latest product demos on demand within a playlist.
PagerDuty Community Twitch Stream Launch
The PagerDuty Community Twitch Stream is now available to all.
- Subscribe and get notified when we’re live and view previous recordings.
- Enjoy the first partner integration guest show that featured Teleport and their team on August 24, 2021 as they highlighted the benefits of the integration.
Customer Lunch and Learns With the Advocates
All PagerDuty customers are invited and welcome to enjoy monthly Customer Lunch and Learn With the Advocates. The Advocates will fill you in on current topics starting with:
- Best Practices for On-Call Teams: August 25, 2021 at 8 a.m. PDT, 1 p.m. EDT, 4 p.m. BST/5 p.m. CET
- Incident Response for Major Incident Response Managers: September 29, 2021 at 8 a.m. PDT, 1 p.m. ET, 4 p.m. BST/5 p.m. CET
You can look forward to future sessions focused on Blameless Postmortems and Full Service Ownership, and many other topics.
Please reach out to your customer success manager for an invitation if you have not yet received one!
If your team could benefit from any of these enhancements, be sure to contact your account manager and sign up for a 14-day free trial.