What’s New: Updates to Event Intelligence, On-Call Management, Automation, Mobile, and More!
We’re excited to announce a new set of updates and enhancements to the PagerDuty platform. Recent updates from the product team include On-Call Management, Event Intelligence, and Mobile Products, to PagerDuty Community & Advocacy Events. New capabilities enable users and customers to resolve incidents faster, do the following, and more:
- Better control the noise and reduce the amount of manual event processing across your systems with powerful Event Intelligence
- Improve Automation security with several recent Rundeck Releases.
- Reduce responder burnout, ensure that responders are always available to address critical incidents quickly and more effectively with improved On-Call Management capabilities
- View critical context and access important incident response features via the latest updates to PagerDuty’s Mobile App
- View product demos of our PagerDuty App for ServiceNow and a recap of our Event Intelligence capabilities from 2021 from our Webinars & Events
- Learn from peers in the industry about how to integrate PagerDuty with Rundeck and Lacework over Twitch Streams
We also welcome you to join us as Design Partners for new features and hope you’ll discover more about how different teams across your organization can embrace and benefit from the PagerDuty Operations Cloud through our collection of Solution Guides.
Did you know that PagerDuty can be used by departments outside of IT? That’s right! Check out the Solution Guides we’ve shared that help teams like marketing, sales, finance, human resources use PagerDuty to handle critical business functions.
Event Intelligence (EI) is a ML-powered solution helping organizations reduce downtime and deliver on customer experiences. The latest EI features provide teams with actionable insights to help reduce noise, drive to root cause, and automate manual processes for fewer incidents and faster resolution.
Event Orchestration helps teams reduce noise and cut down on manual event processing to both improve operational efficiency and reduce toil. The event orchestration decision engine enables teams to create custom logic to enrich, modify, and control the routing of events to the right teams based on event conditions at scale!
Combine nested event rules with machine learning and targeted automation to trigger actions, including diagnostic and remediation actions (including retrieving system health stats, implementing self-healing, or automatically rolling back a deployment and restarting a server).
View the demo to learn about Event Orchestration.
The health, happiness, and overall well being of teams is key to every organization’s success. Our on-call management capabilities strive to help protect an organization’s most valuable asset—the people.
Round Robin Scheduling
Now generally available on Business and Digital Operations plans, Round Robin Scheduling allows teams to equitably distribute on-call shift responsibilities amongst multiple team members. It works by automatically assigning new incidents across different users on a team to ensure that teams can resolve incidents as efficiently as possible with less risk of burnout.
View the demo:
- Learn more in the knowledge base
- View the demo
- Read the blog: Equitably distribute on-call responsibility and streamline incident response with Round Robin Scheduling
Rundeck 3.4.7, 3.4.8, 3.4.9, and 3.4.10 Releases
Check out the latest Rundeck features and enhancements for Rundeck Enterprise and Rundeck Community:
- HashiCorp Vault Plugin includes more logging and supports authentication to a different namespace from where passwords are stored for enhanced security
- Bump Spring Security version from 5.1.11 to 5.2 for enhanced security
- Update log4j to 2.17.0 for both Rundeck Enterprise and Rundeck Community addresses recent Log4J vulnerabilities
- Password Reset feature on Rundeck Enterprise enables the ability to reset Local User passwords by sending an email with a reset link rather than resetting a password directly on an account
Learn more about these updates and other core product updates and bugfixes from the release notes for 3.4.7, 3.4.8, 3.4.9, 3.4.10.
Mobile Incident Details Refresh
The new and improved mobile Incident Details screen now provides easier access to all of your favorite features during the incident response process from one place. Run a play, add a priority or note, post a status update, and more with the new carousel.
Learn more in the knowledge base through the latest mobile release notes
- Please take note and keep your teams informed of our upcoming product deprecations listed by the nearest date:March 31, 2022 – Webhooks V2 will be replaced by Webhooks V3 which is now generally available.
Webinars & Events
Join us for the following webinars and events to learn more about PagerDuty’s recent product updates and how they benefit customers.
- How to Reduce Noise and Manage Event Routing with PagerDuty – Hear from Frank Emery, Senior Product Manager at PagerDuty as he guides you through how you can deal with unmanageable levels of noise and complexity with PagerDuty Event Orchestration. View the webinar on demand
- What’s New in Event Intelligence – 2021 Roundup – Catch the latest updates in Event Intelligence available on demand in a product demo and Q&A led by Vivian Chan, Frank Emery, and Vera Chan. View the webinar on demand
- Event Intelligence 101 with PagerDuty University – Hannah Lodise goes in-depth to demonstrate how Event Intelligence features can help teams reduce system noise, quickly troubleshoot issues, and remove manual toil for faster resolution. View the webinar on demand
- Integrate ServiceNow with PagerDuty to Improve Major Incident Management Response Times – Enjoy a product demo of the ServiceNow integration and Q&A by Laura Chassagne and Vera Chan to learn more about leveraging CMDB data, gaining more visibility and context, incident response, as well as automated diagnostics and self-healing to help drive down incident resolution times. View the webinar on demand
- PagerDuty Pulse Q3 – Catch up on all of our latest product demos combined on demand within a playlist via the Q3 PagerDuty Pulse. View the Q3 PagerDuty Pulse Today!
PagerDuty Community Twitch Stream
Join us on our Twitch channels, PagerDuty Twitch Stream and PagerDuty Community Twitch Stream to catch up on one of our latest streams led by our Developer Advocates!
- Subscribe and get notified when we’re live and view previous recordings
- Missed one of our broadcasts? Watch any of these recent Twitch streams or YouTube videos:
If your team could benefit from any of these enhancements, be sure to contact your account manager and sign up for a 14-day free trial.