What’s New: Updates to Incident Response, PagerDuty® Process Automation Software & PagerDuty® Runbook Automation, Integrations, and More!
We’re excited to announce a new set of updates and enhancements to the PagerDuty Operations Cloud. Recent development and app updates from the product team include Incident Response, PagerDuty® Process Automation, as well as Community & Advocacy Events updates. We continue to help customers further automate to optimize cloud operations and reduce the amount of issues escalated to other teams. Get started now and learn about:
- Incident Response Status Update Notification Templates customization, standardization, and reusability
- PagerDuty® Process Automation and Rundeck Community updates in the latest 4.7.0 Release and new Automated Diagnostics for AWS
- Updates to CollabOps and Customer Service Ops Integrations
- Product Deprecations including the v1 Webhooks EOL (End-Of-Life), Event Rules EOL & Migration to Event Orchestration, and v2 Zendesk Integration EOL
- Sign up for upcoming Events view our recent Podcasts and Twitch Streams, and join members of our Community Team and Product Teams as they walk you through new products and leading practices in the software industry
Status Update Notification Templates EA
We’re excited to announce updates to Status Update Notification Templates. You can now customize and standardize reusable communication templates based on impact, service areas, and more. Teams can also leverage this feature to fit their needs in any tool or context via our API.
(Featured above: Setting Up Status Update Notification Templates With Variables)
(Featured above: Setting Up Status Update Notification Templates Preview)
- Please fill out the Early Access Program Form to be added to our early access list for the latest updates
- Learn more about communicating with stakeholders in the Knowledge Base
PagerDuty® Process Automation
PagerDuty® Process Automation Software and PagerDuty® Runbook Automation Version 4.7.0
Check out the new features and enhancements for PagerDuty® Process Automation, PagerDuty® Runbook Automation and Rundeck Community in this release, including:
- CloudWatch Logs Saved Query Plugin. This plugin simplifies the management of diagnostics queries. An incubating feature that helps users understand the ROI (return on investment) of jobs, and a number of security and compliance updates and bug fixes.
(Featured above: CloudWatch Logs Queries Output)
- ROI Metrics Data (Incubating). Process Automation users now have a way to track time and money saved, as well as begin to see insights into the effectiveness of teams and projects.The ROI Metrics integration tracks user-defined value of each job execution and stores key value pairs against jobs to help you understand the ROI per job execution.
(Featured above: ROI Metrics Output)
- Enhanced Progress Badge Plugin. The Progress Badge plugin can create graphic badges with the option to include emoticon status-symbols that render on the Log Output tab. For users implementing Automated Diagnostics, this gives domain-experts the ability to simplify diagnostics in an easier-to-consume way.
(Featured above: Process Badge in Failed State)
(Featured above: Process Badge in Successful State)
(Featured above: Process Badge State in Incident Activity Timeline)
- Additional Updates. Catch up on additional bug fixes and open source product updates.
- View our Twitch stream review of this release
- Read the full release notes about the Orc Yellowgreen Gift Release (4.7.0), October 6, 2022
Automated Diagnostics for AWS
We recently launched Automated Diagnostics for AWS in PagerDuty to help our customers quickly triage problems in AWS environments. This solution consists of a seamless integration of Automation Actions and Runbook Automation connected to PagerDuty Incident Response and Event Orchestration. It provides prebuilt common diagnostics for frequently used AWS services, and an easy way to add and build your own diagnostics.
(Featured above: Automate Diagnostics Run Actions Menu)
(Featured above: Process Automation AWS CloudWatch Logs Plugin)
Learn more about automated diagnostics for AWS use cases
Maintenance Windows in Slack
Have you ever wanted to extend the PagerDuty Slack integration to show maintenance windows directly in Slack? Mandi Walls recently wrote up a walkthrough for exactly that situation.
(Featured above: Multiple Scheduled Maintenance Windows in Slack Result)
Newest Version of the PagerDuty App for Salesforce Is Now Available!
The latest version of the PagerDuty App for Salesforce, v3.7 is now available. Some benefits of this latest versions are the following:
- Webhook Extension upgrade to PagerDuty webhooks v3–This upgrade allows extensions to be added at the account level instead of the service level with webhooks v2
- New Salesforce Extension page and the ability to see what Salesforce accounts are connected to PagerDuty
- Default Object mapping for the salesforce incident object with the standard integration
- Ability to select if ruleset actions should be limited to PagerDuty or Salesforce objects created as part of the ruleset flow
(Featured above: PagerDuty App for Salesforce V3.7 Main Page)
For more information:
- Visit the PagerDuty App for Salesforce integration guide for more details
- Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions
Migrate to v3 PagerDuty App for Zendesk
Migrate now to v3 PagerDuty App for Zendesk to continue to send Zendesk support ticket events to PagerDuty. (The integration will sunset in March 2023 and you’ll be reminded in our deprecation section below)
Some benefits of this upgrade are the following:
- Bidirectional communication between PagerDuty and Zendesk using webhooks
- Additional PagerDuty actions and an Incident console widget on the ticket page
- Ability to view and interact with the PagerDuty status dashboard from Zendesk
(Featured above: Zendesk V3 Status Dashboard)
For more information, please:
- View the PagerDuty App for Zendesk integration guide for more details
- Reach out to email@example.com with any additional questions
Please take note and keep your teams informed of our upcoming product deprecations.
V1 Webhooks EOL
The End of Life date for v1 Webhooks is 10/31/2022. This means:
- You will no longer be able to create new v1 Webhooks or use existing connections to v1 Webhook extensions
- Apps or integrations that are using v1 Webhooks will stop working
For more information, please:
- Refer to this migration guide for details and steps to migrate to v3 Webhooks
- Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions
V2 Zendesk Integration EOL
PagerDuty’s v2 App for Zendesk will End-Of-Life in March 2023. Migrate now to continue to send Zendesk Support Ticket events to PagerDuty. You can read about the benefits of migrating to v3 in the Integrations section above.
- Learn more in the PagerDuty App for Zendesk integration guide
- If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to email@example.com
Event Rules EOL & Migration to Event Orchestration
PagerDuty Event Rules End-Of-Life is April 30, 2023. You can:
- Learn more about the migration in the knowledge base
- Learn more about Event Orchestration
- Contact your account managerWe have plenty of migration paths to support this EOL. Additionally on the EOL date, we will auto-migrate any remaining event rules you are using to Event Orchestrations, one-to-one. From then on, you’ll be able to do everything in Event Orchestration that you can in Event Rules today. Event Orchestration has the same features as Event Rules and it uses the same backend architecture, ensuring that event processing has billions-of-events-worth of testing already baked in.
Webinars & Events
Join us for the following webinars and events to learn more about PagerDuty’s recent product updates and how they benefit customers. These are just a few of many:
Page It to the Limit: Security Careers
October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month! Our security team at PagerDuty helps our engineers keep our platforms safe, provides our employees with security training, and much more. Join Megg Sage and Patrick Roserie as you listen to the latest episode of Page It to the Limit (the PagerDuty podcast) to learn more about how they approach security at PagerDuty and beyond.
Evolve to resolve: fewer incidents, faster response (November Product Launch!)
Join our SVP & GM of Emerging Products Jonathan Rende and senior product team members Kat Gaines, Julia Nasser, Sam Ferguson, and Hadijah Creary for a deep-dive into some of our newest capabilities, including:
- Incident Workflows
- PagerDuty Status Page and Status Update Notification Templates
- Flexible time windows for Intelligent Alert Grouping
- Updated for 2022! Incident Response Ops Guide
Register today and secure your spot!
Live Call Routing: The Fastest Way to Reach an On-Call Staff
Join Tim Chinchen and Ben Wiegelmann from PagerDuty as they discuss:
- What is Live Call Routing? Explore the Live Call routing workflow and why it works
- How to set up Live Call Routing with no code required
- Customer use cases from small to large companies who are using Live Call Routing to drive down response time and improve the overall customer experience
Register for upcoming events in November here!
PagerDuty Community Twitch Stream
Join us on our Twitch channels, PagerDuty Twitch Stream and PagerDuty Community Twitch Stream, to catch up on one of our latest streams led by our Developer Advocates! Catch our past streams via the YouTube Twitch Streams Channel.
- Subscribe and get notified when we’re live and view previous recordings
- Missed one of our broadcasts? Watch any of these upcoming and recent Twitch streams (PagerDuty Garage and Terraform Time) or YouTube videos:
- View our Twitch Stream schedule to join one of our weekly ongoing streams in November!
If your team could benefit from any of these enhancements, be sure to contact your account manager and sign up for a 14-day free trial.