Announcing the PagerCoin ICO: Press 4 to HODL
Today PagerDuty is pleased to announce our long-awaited foray into blockchain with our initial coin offering of PagerCoin.
PagerCoin is the first Blockchain concept designed for the busy incident responder on the go. The PagerCoin token is configured to be used globally by all individuals, whether they are a subject matter expert responding to, or subject matter inexpert causing, an outage. PagerCoin aims at improving on-call shift swapping by decentralizing incentives and breaking free of fiat constraints that have limited on-call previously.
“Blockchain blockchain blockchain.”
– Matt Levine, Bloomberg
While other digital currencies are mined via proof-of-work or proof-of-stake algorithms, PagerCoin is the first to combine both methods for the world’s first proof-of-ack algorithms. Future coins will be mined via manual acking of incidents across PagerDuty accounts.
Facts about PagerCoin:
- Only accredited investors will be able to acknowledge or resolve incidents at this time.
- The market cap of PagerCoin is estimated at 2.3 trillion dollars
- Postmortems will be automatically forwarded to the SEC
- The first 100 supporters will have their coins calculated by hand with artisanal SHA512 hashes written on organic paper.
- Guaranteed to increase your organization’s operational health
- The market cap of PagerCoin is now 5.7 trillion dollars
- It’s backed 1-1 by a basket of fiat goods, including PagerDuty promotional t-shirts, DevOps Against Humanity boxsets and Cryptokitties
“PagerCoin is a technological tour de force. PagerCoin is better than currency in that you don’t have to be physically in the same place and, of course, for on-call transactions, currency can get pretty inconvenient.”
— Alex Solomon, PagerDuty CTO and PagerCoin enthusiast.