Here at PagerDuty, we understand that being on-call can be a lot of work. In addition to triaging, assessing, and resolving incidents as they arise, you need to do one thing first — find out when you’re on-call! Oftentimes, users with complex on-call shifts find it difficult to see their upcoming on-call responsibilities.
To solve this problem, we’ve introduced a new view in our browser, iOS, Android, and Apple Watch apps — the On-Call Timeline. The On-Call Timeline is the one place to go for information about upcoming on-call shifts.
On-Call Timeline allows you to:
- See when you go on or off call next with a visual timeline.
- Know what escalation policies you’re going on-call for, including the escalation level(s) you’re on for each policy.
- Find out why you’re on-call for each escalation policy with links to each schedule that puts you on-call.
- View, at a glance, how much time is left in your current shift (or how much time remains until your next shift) with the convenient now indicator.
- Add your on-call shifts to your WebCal or iCal-compatible calendar (like Google Calendar, Outlook, or MacOS Calendar) with the handy new Export menu.
The On-Call Timeline makes it easy to immediately tell when you’re on-call next, across all of your devices. This feature is available at no additional cost on all PagerDuty plans. It is available now in PagerDuty’s web interface and on Apple Watch, and will be released in the upcoming version 5.1 of PagerDuty for iOS and for Android.
Learn more by visiting our support documentation and please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or feedback.