This month, our #PagerDutyAMA series led us to Alice Goldfuss, a systems punk currently helping GitHub run its cutting-edge container platform. She loves kernel crashes, memory design, and performance hacks. Alice has consulted on some books (Docker: Up & Running, Effective DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering Vol. 2), and presented at or helped run a host of conferences. Needless to say, we were thrilled when she agreed to let us ask her questions to get some advice.
Missed the AMA? You’re in luck—we recorded it! Tune in as I speak with Alice about a variety of topics, including:
- Best practices for on call, as well as features for improving on-call health and happiness
- Creating an #OnCallSelfie and advice for others in tough on-call work environments
- Biggest outage that you’ve ever caused / been a part of
- Basic security’s role in the deployment pipeline
- Introduction to systems failure
Hungry for more video AMA goodness? Tide yourself over and get caught up on our past conversations with Ashley Williams, Jeff Smith, and J. Paul Reed. Stay tuned to our #OpsLife board to catch the announcement of our next episode!
If you haven’t checked out Community.PagerDuty.com yet, head on over and sign up for a free account. There’s a wealth of great resources, tips on how to get more out of PagerDuty, and friendly users always willing to help triage any questions you may have.
Have a question that didn’t get asked? Catch up with Alice on Twitter @alicegoldfuss.