What’s New: Updates to On-Call Management, Incident Response, Event Intelligence, Process Automation, and More!
We’re excited to announce a new set of updates and enhancements to PagerDuty’s Digital Operations Platform. Recent updates from the product team include On-Call Management, Incident Response, and Process Automation, to PagerDuty Community & Advocacy Events. New capabilities enable users and customers to resolve incidents faster, do the following, and more:
- Enjoy an improved visual experience for existing On-Call Management scheduling capabilities
- Join our early access program to try out our latest Automated Incident Response capabilities
- Learn more about the PagerDuty® Process Automation rebrand and catch up on the GA release of PagerDuty® Runbook Automation, and release of PagerDuty® Process Automation On-Prem 4.0
- Run PagerDuty® Automation Actions directly within CollabOps Integrations
- Reduce unnecessary noise with Event Intelligence and machine learning
- Read about our latest Partner Ecosystem announcements
- Sign up for upcoming Events view our recent Podcasts and Twitch Streams, and join members of our Community Team and Product Teams as they walk you through new products and leading practices in the software industry
Schedules List UI Refresh
The Schedules List page will be getting a UI refresh. This new visual experience helps you find the information needed–easily and faster while giving you more flexibility. Additional changes include:
- Enhanced search functionality
- Toggling between all schedules and team schedules
- Collapsing or expanding information based on the level of detail needed
- Easier schedule comparison with time windows displayed
- Streamlined view of on-call responders with shift times
Early access rollout to accounts is ongoing.
Status Update Notification Templates
Status Update Notification Templates are now early access. This feature enables you to add the content and context needed for internal communications during incident response. These new flexible templates enable teams to add logos to their communications as well as format the text according to their company standards. If you would like to join us and take part in this early access program, please fill out this form.
Service Performance Report
The new Service Performance Report is now available via PagerDuty Labs Insights. This report helps your teams dive into the macro trends and specific details of how different services are impacted by incidents over time. Enjoy the stacked line graph that displays incidents over time per service, in addition to the Services List table that shows metrics based on specified date ranges. This is the first of four updated reports to be rolled out in the upcoming months that feature UI improvements such as new interactive visualizations, intuitive drill-down capabilities, and more filter options. Stay tuned for more!
Learn more here
PagerDuty® Process Automation helps customers automate everything in their business, drive up consistency, and drive down resolution times. Customers are empowered to automate IT and business procedures across their business systems. Automated processes can execute according to designated schedules, trigger automatically by events that occur, or stakeholders can even run them safely with a click of a button.
Before touching upon each of the three latest PagerDuty® Process Automation offerings, you can also learn more about our official rebranding of PagerDuty’s automation product line, Rundeck® to PagerDuty® Process Automation and each product offering in more depth here.
PagerDuty® Automation Actions
PagerDuty® Automation Actions is an add-on that enables PagerDuty
customers to execute automated diagnostics and remediation for services
impacted by incidents at the click of a button.
PagerDuty® Runbook Automation
Our runbook automation cloud service, previously announced as “Rundeck Cloud”, is now known as PagerDuty® Runbook Automation and is now generally available. This is our SaaS-based offering that helps businesses accelerate cloud operations by safely delegating automated IT workflows to a broader range of people in an organization.
- Watch the PagerDuty® Runbook Automation Overview
- Watch how a team uses PagerDuty® Runbook Automation to automate recurring tasks
- Learn more about use cases and benefits of PagerDuty® Runbook Automation in the blog
PagerDuty® Process Automation On-Prem Version 4.0
Previously known as Rundeck Enterprise, our self-managed software that supports a wide range of process automation use cases, is now named “PagerDuty® Process Automation On-Prem”.
The latest 4.0 release includes:
- Process Runner – The Process Runner (announced as Enterprise Runner) calls back to the cluster endpoint via HTTPS to fetch a task list eliminating the need for SSH tunnels between zones. It meets the latest zero-trust security models as it is deployed behind the firewall, securely connects to nodes, and executes automation tasks within the network zone.
- Enhanced security features – Features such as User Class Management, Enhanced Webhook Security, User Manager Password Complexity and Password Reset by Email, and Failed Login Rate Limiting deliver enhanced security to your automation solution.
- Plugin enhancements – New plugin enhancements include the following: AWS Systems Manager, Azure Active Directory Single SignOn, PagerDuty User Management Job Steps, and Thycotic Key Storage Plugin.
- Learn more about Enterprise Updates and Core Product Updates
View the release notes for more details
- Watch how a company manages single tenants for many customers using the Process Runner and PagerDuty® Process Automation
- Learn more in the release notes
Automation + CollabOps
Automation Actions + PagerDuty App for Slack
Automation Actions is now integrated with PagerDuty CollabOps, allowing responders to run automated diagnostics and remediation directly from Slack. In the context of an incident, responders can view automated actions they can take, invoke them, and see execution status and output from the automated jobs. This way, responders can continue working in the same UI they typically use to work–without having to change context.
Auto-Pause Incident Notifications
Available since February 28, Auto-Pause Incident Notifications applies machine learning to detect and pause transient alerts that historically auto-resolve themselves. Now you can remove unnecessary noise with just the click of a button. Additionally, you can leverage APIs to understand basic statistics on how many transient alerts occur for a given service.
Learn more here
AWS Financial Services Competency Partner
PagerDuty is approved for the AWS Financial Services Competency Partner Program.This competency lists PagerDuty on the AWS website as a trusted cloud provider for financial services organizations. This competency ensures that PagerDuty together with AWS can help more financial service organizations take full advantage of cloud-scale while up-leveling their digital operations management through automation, DevOps, Service Ownership processes, and streamlined communication.
Learn more here
Please take note and keep your teams informed of our upcoming product deprecations:
Impact Metrics – The sunset of Impact Metrics as a feature is complete as of February 2022
- End-Of-Support Date: November 13, 2021 – Support for Webhooks V1 ended. We have not been accepting any feature requests or bug fixes for V1 Webhooks since this date.
- End-Of-Life Date: October 2022 – The end-of-life date for Webhooks V1 has been postponed from March 2022 to October 2022 where it will be replaced by Webhooks V3 which is now generally available. After this date, customers will not be able to use or create new V1 webhooks. Furthermore, the App integrations that are using V1 Webhooks will stop working so we encourage developers to update their apps to use V3 Webhooks asap. However, Slack V1 (which is built on V1 Webhooks) is already deprecated and no longer available to customers. For more details, please refer to this support article.
- End-Of-Support Date: October 2022 – Support for V2 Webhooks will end and we will no longer accept any feature requests or bug fixes for V2 Webhooks after October 2022.
- End-Of-Life Date: March 2023 – After March 2023, customers will not be able to create or use new V2 Webhooks. Furthermore, the App integrations that are using V2 Webhooks will stop working so we encourage developers to update their apps to use V3 Webhooks as soon as possible. However, Slack V2 integration (which is built on V2 Webhooks) will be available only until January 2023. This does not impact the availability of Slack V2 Next Generation (built on V3 Webhooks) to customers. For more details on steps to migrate to V3 Webhooks, please refer to this support article.
Webinars & Events
Join us for the following webinars and events to learn more about PagerDuty’s recent product updates and how they benefit customers.
- New Product Releases for Automating IT Processes in the Cloud and at Higher Scale
Learn about PagerDuty’s newest runbook automation cloud offering, new features for automating IT processes across disparate environments, and the future of Rundeck by PagerDuty.View the webinar on demand
- Automated Incident Response: Journey from Manual to Automated
Learn what AIR means and the problems it solves, how machines are taking the cognitive burden off humans, what the journey from manual to preventative looks like, and enjoy a 10-minute demo showcasing the power of PagerDuty AIR. View the webinar on demand
- Putting Customers and Customer Service teams at the center of Incident Response with PagerDuty and Salesforce
Learn from Kat Gaines, Developer Advocate from PagerDuty, and Noopur Bakshi, Sr. Director of Product Management from Salesforce as they introduce you to how critical customer service teams communicate with customers, the benefits of using customer feedback to improve your response time, and how PagerDuty and Salesforce together break down the walls of communication/collaboration between customer feedback, Customer Service organizations, and backend Engineering teams to resolve a customer-impacting disruption. Register for the webinar today (Wednesday, March 30, 2022 11:00 AM PDT), or view it on demand
Register for upcoming events in April here!
PagerDuty Community Twitch Stream
Join us on our Twitch channels, PagerDuty Twitch Stream and PagerDuty Community Twitch Stream, to catch up on one of our latest streams led by our Developer Advocates! Catch our past streams via the YouTube Twitch Streams Channel.
- Subscribe and get notified when we’re live and view previous recordings
- Missed one of our broadcasts? Watch any of these recent Twitch streams or YouTube videos:
If your team could benefit from any of these enhancements, be sure to contact your account manager and sign up for a 14-day free trial.