What’s New: Updates to PagerDuty® Process Automation Software & PagerDuty® Runbook Automation, Integrations, and More!
We’re excited to announce a new set of updates and enhancements to the PagerDuty Operations Cloud. Recent development and app updates from the product team include PagerDuty® Process Automation, our Partner Integrations and App Ecosystem, as well as Community & Advocacy Events updates. We continue to help customers automate everywhere to optimize cloud operations and reduce the amount of issues escalated to other teams. Get started now and:
- Catch up on details about the recently released PagerDuty + Sumo Logic Job Step Plugin and PagerDuty + AWS ECS Node Executor Plugin, as well as upgrades, bug fixes, and package updates to PagerDuty® Process Automation and Rundeck Community in the latest 4.5.0 Release
- Enjoy our latest Partner Integrations and App Ecosystem updates–including updates to the sidebar in the PagerDuty App for Jira Cloud, the PagerDuty App for Jira Data Center Recertification, and transition of support to KTSL to manage the PagerDuty App for BMC Helix/Remedy
- Stay in the know with Product Deprecations such as the Event Rules EOL & Migration to Event Orchestration and V1/V2 Webhooks deprecations
- Sign up for upcoming Events view our recent Podcasts and Twitch Streams, and join members of our Community Team and Product Teams as they walk you through new products and leading practices in the software industry
PagerDuty® Process Automation
PagerDuty® Process Automation Software and PagerDuty® Runbook Automation Version 4.5.0
The latest PagerDuty(R) Process Automation Version 4.5.0 includes the following:
- New Sumo Logic Job Step Plugin: Now Sumo Logic users can automate operational tasks – such as retrieving logs for incident diagnostics–by integrating with a Sumo Logic instance.
- AWS ECS Node Executor Plugin: Users can now run commands across multiple ECS containers in a single Job Step or from the Commands tab. This makes it easier to accomplish tasks–such as retrieving time-critical diagnostics during an incident before containers are redeployed.
Learn more about the Nessie Orchid Tower Release (4.5.0), August 10, 2022.
Partner Integrations & App Ecosystem
PagerDuty App for Jira Data Center: Annual Marketplace App Recertification
If you’ve already integrated PagerDuty with Jira Data Center to tackle critical service requests and accelerate incident resolution with bi-directional sync between Jira Server issues and PagerDuty incidents, we have great news for you! We have also officially re-certified the PagerDuty App for Jira Data Center for another year, maintaining our Data Center Approved Status in the Atlassian marketplace.
Learn more about the app in the knowledge base
PagerDuty App for Jira Cloud: New Option to Display PagerDuty on Jira Cloud Sidebar Available This September
- New Jira Cloud customers will not see PagerDuty displayed on the sidebar by default for all Jira Projects.
- Existing Jira Cloud project admins have the ability to hide or display PagerDuty on the Jira sidebar per project.
(Featured above: PagerDuty sidebar disbled in Jira Cloud)
(Featured above: PagerDuty sidebar enabled in Jira Cloud)
If you have any questions, please reach out to your PagerDuty account team or Customer Support (firstname.lastname@example.org).
PagerDuty App for BMC Helix/Remedy: Transfer of Ownership to Partner KTSL
PagerDuty has transferred ownership of the BMC Helix/Remedy integration over to the BMC Elite partner known as KTSL-who specializes in service management and integration expertise. Going forward, KTSL will build and support the integration.
Please take note and keep your teams informed of our upcoming product deprecations.
Event Rules EOL & Migration to Event Orchestration
PagerDuty has decided to EOL (end-of-life) Event Rules on January 31, 2023. We have made this decision to ensure that we are dedicating our resources toward building the most robust and reliable event-driven enrichment and automation experience for our customers. Event Orchestration was released earlier this year as the next evolution of Event Rules, and it is now the best way for users to compress rule volumes, improve noise reduction, and more effectively automate away well-understood manual work.
We have plenty of migration paths to support this EOL. Additionally on the EOL date, we will auto-migrate any remaining event rules you are using to Event Orchestrations, one-to-one. From then on, you’ll be able to do everything in Event Orchestration that you can in Event Rules today. Event Orchestration has the same features as Event Rules and it uses the same backend architecture, ensuring that event processing has billions-of-events-worth of testing already baked in.
(Featured above: PagerDuty Event Orchestration)
- Learn more about the migration in the knowledge base
- Learn more about Event Orchestration
- Contact your account manager
If you are currently using V1/V2 webhook extensions in your PagerDuty environment, you need to migrate them to V3 webhook subscriptions to maintain functionality.
Please follow our migration guide.
- V1 Webhooks – V1 webhook extensions became unsupported (no new features or bug fixes) since November 13, 2021 and will stop working in October, 2022.
- V2 Webhooks – V2 webhook extensions will be unsupported in October, 2022 and will stop working in March, 2023.
- Admins or Account Owners can migrate an entire account.
- Team Managers can only migrate webhooks for their assigned Teams.
What are Webhooks? Webhooks allow you to receive HTTP callbacks when significant events happen in your PagerDuty account, for example, when an incident triggers, escalates, or resolves. Details about the event are sent to your specified URL, such as Slack or your own custom PagerDuty webhook processor.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your PagerDuty contact or our support team at email@example.com.
Learn more about webhooks.
Webinars & Events
Join us for the following webinars and events to learn more about PagerDuty’s recent product updates and how they benefit customers. These are just a few of many:
PagerDuty Summit 2022 (On Demand)
Missed us at PagerDuty Summit this year? Summit talks are now available on demand so you can catch our newest demos, technical sessions, and keynotes from executives and industry leaders anytime!
Accelerating Incident Resolution with PagerDuty through Automated Diagnostics for AWS
Thursday, Sep 29, 2022 — 7:00 AM PDT
Thursday, Sep 29, 2022 — 10:00 AM PDT
Thursday, Sep 29, 2022 — 5:00 PM PDT
Join Jake Cohen and Greg Chase from PagerDuty as they discuss how PagerDuty’s:
- Event Intelligence can help reduce noise and drive to next best action for fewer incidents and faster resolution
- Automated Diagnostics help jumpstart time to triage and accelerate root cause analysis
Customer Service Operations: The Proactive Approach with Zendesk
Wednesday, Sep 28, 2022 10 AM PDT
Join Kat Gaines and Carrie Lacina to learn how to:
- Leverage machine learning to inform customers before they know about a problem, with information on what to expect next and provide differentiated responses for VIP customers
- Use Automation Actions in Zendesk to validate customer problems and capture critical information via automation to diagnose and resolve cases faster
- Drive loyalty, improve CSAT, and exceed customer SLAs by resolving issues before they impact the business
Harness the Power of Automation-First AIOps to Improve MTTR
Thursday, Sep 22, 2022 10:00 AM PDT
Join Heath Newburn from PagerDuty as he walks you through:
- Common problems enterprises are looking to AIOps to solve
- Key criteria to consider when evaluating solutions to get value quickly
- How PagerDuty’s automation-first, people-centric approach to AIOps enables machines and people to do what they do best
Register for upcoming events in September here!
PagerDuty Community Twitch Stream
Join us on our Twitch channels, PagerDuty Twitch Stream and PagerDuty Community Twitch Stream, to catch up on one of our latest streams led by our Developer Advocates! Catch our past streams via the YouTube Twitch Streams Channel.
- Subscribe and get notified when we’re live and view previous recordings
- Missed one of our broadcasts? Watch any of these upcoming and recent Twitch streams (PagerDuty Garage and Terraform Time) or YouTube videos:
- PagerDuty Garage With Mandi Walls (August 29, 2022)
- Terraform Time With Scot McAllister (August 29, 2022)
- HowTo Happy Hour. Chill out with us and learn about PagerDuty. (September 2, 2022)
- PagerDuty Garage. The Show About the PagerDuty API. (September 5, 2022)
- Terraform Time With Scott McAllister (September 5, 2022)
- View our Twitch Stream schedule to join one of our weekly ongoing streams in September!
If your team could benefit from any of these enhancements, be sure to contact your account manager and sign up for a 14-day free trial.