G2 Users Rank PagerDuty as a Leader in AIOps
At PagerDuty, our 13,500+ customers are the reason we come to work every day. One of our core PagerDuty values is “champion the customer.” In 2019, when PagerDuty began trading as a public company, our CEO Jennifer Tejada wrote about our guiding principle that “PagerDuty is for people.” Simply put, our platform is designed to solve problems for our users—from huge multinational businesses like Zoom to mission-driven organizations with time-critical operations like Cambridge Cognition.
So, we’re delighted to see that in G2’s Winter 2020 rankings published today, PagerDuty has been recognized by users as a leader in three categories: Incident Management, IT Alerting, and AIOps Platforms. G2 is the go-to peer review site for authentic reviews and recommendations of software products and professional services, so it’s incredibly meaningful for us to see these results. Especially so when we consider the kind of year that many of our users have experienced as the pressure on digital services reaches new heights.
Our Commitment to Making Sure AIOps Delivers on its Promise
It is particularly exciting for us to see how highly regarded we are by reviewers in the AIOps Platforms category as a leader and high performer. AIOps has often split opinion amongst ITOps and DevOps professionals as first-generation solutions have not always delivered on their promise. In part because “AIOps” lacks a clear definition, which causes confusion and unmet expectations for customers (we blog about this in detail here).
Organizations need to see the benefits of AIOps instantly, but many offerings come with a high initial cost and resource burden. A recent independent survey of over 700 ITOps and DevOps professionals highlighted some of the challenges that teams face when it comes to AIOps in 2020. More than half (52%) said ROI on AIOps takes a long time, and almost a third (31%) said setting up their AIOps solution was more difficult than expected.
Given these barriers, we’re pleased to see how our commitment to making sure AIOps at PagerDuty delivers real value for customers in hours or days, versus weeks or months, is coming to fruition. Our approach to AIOps is to make sure it’s easy to use and doesn’t require expert data science skills. It’s also important that AIOps can be configured simply so it suits how our customers work, and that it bridges multiple operating models (e.g., centralized and decentralized teams).
Looking closely at G2’s findings around AIOps shows how this approach is working:
- AIOps Implementation Index: PagerDuty ranks first in implementation, with the factors contributing to this score including ease-of-use and implementation time.
- AIOps Results Index: PagerDuty is also ranked first in results, which takes into account the estimated return on investment and how well the platform meets expectations.
- AIOps Usability Index: The usability category is another that sees PagerDuty come out on top, with ease-of-administration and adoption data considered here.
- AIOps Relationship Index: Finally, PagerDuty is also listed first in the relationship index, which looks at the ease-of-doing business, quality of support, and likelihood to recommend.
Enhancing PagerDuty’s AIOps Capabilities
Our entry into the AIOps Platforms on G2 this quarter is a first for PagerDuty. This year, we’ve put a lot of effort into building out our AIOps functionality, and the new G2 rankings demonstrate how our efforts are paying off for customers. Event Intelligence is at the core of AIOps at PagerDuty; it is an AI-powered solution for digital operations that delivers deep contextual insights, reduces noise, and automates repetitive work. In the Fall, we added several new AIOps capabilities to our offering, including:
- Intelligent Recommendations. Suggest actions to reduce noise and improve team efficiency and health, while providing the projected ROI results of taking the prescribed actions.
- Curated Advanced Analytics and Maturity Model Planning. Extract insights from PagerDuty for personalized analytics, maturity benchmarking data, and on-call readiness analytics.
- Dynamic Service Dependencies. Automatically surface upstream and downstream dependencies to speed up issue resolution, reduce work duplication, and prevent future incidents.
- Change Impact Mapping. Enable real-time context to identify where changes have caused failures and predict what risk future changes could have across critical business services.
- Flexible Automation Controls. See suggestions on where automation may help and the ability to ensure no humans are interrupted when they shouldn’t be, but are still alerted when needed.
Check out this blog for a detailed rundown of what these new AIOps features can help customers achieve. To hear more about AIOps, check out this webinar: “AIOps Explained: What It Is and How It Can Boost Real-Time Operations” by our SVP of Product and Product Marketing, Jonathan Rende.
Our customer devotion mindset means that we’ll continue to listen and respond to our users and always look for new ways to enhance PagerDuty. To see how PagerDuty’s solution for AIOps can help your organization, contact your account manager and sign up for a 14-day free trial today.