What’s New: Related Incidents, Business Response, Mobile Status Dashboard, & New Integrations
An always-on world requires a proactive and preventative approach to managing your digital operations. PagerDuty is proud to announce our latest release, which helps streamline remote remediation by providing an at-a-glance overview of your system’s health.
While we’re known for on-call management and incident response, PagerDuty does much more, including providing visibility into the business impact of an incident. All this comes together to help drive efficiencies within teams and drive down the cost of managing and trouble-shooting critical issues. We also support integrated, coordinated business response while keeping stakeholders informed in real time with our newly developed branded messaging. Read on to learn more!
Related Incidents to Help Root Cause Analysis
With our newly launched Related Incidents feature, users gain real-time visibility into their critical apps and services, all in one place. Related Incidents is powered by machine learning and shows you what incidents are happening right now on other services. This feature uses Event Intelligence to help responders establish a reduced triage time for incidents that impact multiple teams. It also reduces duplicated communications and ensures responders understand the entire scope of an outage and don’t interfere with one another while trying to solve problems. With Related Incidents, responders can:
- View other incidents that are occurring simultaneously on other services and that are potentially related.
- Use Event Intelligence, which applies a real-time machine learning algorithm, to parse, vectorize, and cluster alert and human response behavior across services to make suggestions for Related Incidents.
- Train suggestions by submitting thumbs-up/down votes and/or merging incidents across services.
Salesforce V2 Integration
At Summit 2019, to help development and customer service teams work better together, we released our integration with Salesforce Service Cloud to link incidents within PagerDuty to Salesforce Support Cloud cases. Our Salesforce V2 integration adds support for additional Salesforce offerings, including Marketing Cloud, Commerce Cloud, and Quip, so teams can:
- Orchestrate responses and actions around customer issues, sales opportunities, and other activities across their organizations.
- Create and/or update any Salesforce object with relevant information as soon as there’s a PagerDuty update (such as an Acknowledge, Resolve, Reassign, etc.).
- Work where they are: Teams can set incident priority, run response plays, and reassign incidents—all within the Salesforce Cloud interface.
- Integrate with any Salesforce Cloud standard object present in your account
Business Response Branding
Many organizations have brand guidelines for critical information and communications. To help, we released Business Response Branding, which allows PagerDuty customers to adhere to corporate guidelines for business and technical responders during critical events so that responders receiving the information know that it’s valid and coming from their employer. Customers can include their company logo on status update emails to comply with company processes and increase trust in the messaging.
Mobile Status Dashboard
With Mobile Status Dashboard, we’ve incorporated a consumer user experience into our status dashboard for execs and management, enabling them to view the status of their business systems easily from their mobile phones or iPads.
The Mobile Status Page keeps your non-technical business users informed about the status of critical outages so that all business stakeholders can view the active state of key business services in the mobile app, regardless of their access level. This feature is available on most iOS and Android devices.
Custom Greeting for Live Call Routing
Live Call Routing allows you to expand your customer support by directing incoming phone calls and voicemails to on-call responders. With this feature, a fixed, dedicated number (local or toll-free) is provided, which dynamically routes calls or voicemails to the on-call responder in PagerDuty.
We’ve updated Live Call Routing with Custom Messages. Record and play any recorded MP3 to help assist callers to:
- Align branding with your business.
- Offer additional support during critical, world-impacting events.
- Ensure that clients have reached the right number.
- Direct customers to the correct resource.
Expanded API Offerings
Many developers choose to work exclusively with APIs. PagerDuty released many new APIs for developer-centric organizations for key new areas across the platform. These include new APIs for:
- Business Services.
- Tagging and searching of objects like teams and people.
- Event management rules for central and distributed teams.
Use our APIs to streamline business accountability at scale by automating business-technical service hierarchies, stopping reliance on out-of-date and scattered wikis, and bringing critical business context where it matters.
Related Incidents, Business Response, Mobile Status Dashboard, and new APIs are just a few of the innovations we wanted to highlight today—other announcements can be found on our What’s New page. To see these features in action, check out our Pulse Webinar, where you will be able to interact with our Product Managers directly. Or sign up for a 14-day free trial today.